JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like they are barely enforcing it. I think the government underestimates the negative impact of the Left Lane Losers on the over all flow and safety of traffic.

I'd prefer to see anyone in the left lane that isn't actively passing eligible for a ticket. At least on three lane highways. Two lane highways during low traffic times too.

Too many lazy drivers who can't seem to make the effort to change a lane out there.

Sounds like they are barely enforcing it. I think the government underestimates the negative impact of the Left Lane Losers on the over all flow and safety of traffic.

I'd prefer to see anyone in the left lane that isn't actively passing eligible for a ticket. At least on three lane highways. Two lane highways during low traffic times too.

Too many lazy drivers who can't seem to make the effort to change a lane out there.

Idk, I was taught to move over if someone was overtaking me in the fast lane.

Otherwise, it's the smoothest ride 99% of the time and cruise control is much more viable.

Plus no dealing with people getting on the freeway every on/off ramp.

I also bend the speeding rules slightly.

I bend the rules too. Still seem to get to Seattle faster using the far right lane for passing 90% of the time. Doesn't make sense other than bad habits.

"Sometimes" people pull over when I come up behind them but there are times I see a clear path on the right so I have to take that instead of slowing down and waiting for someone to pull over. It's too easy to get comfortable in that "smooth" fast lane and forget to check your rear view mirror for that car that suddenly is barrreling down on you.

That qualifies for a pit maneuver I'm sure!
Full disclosure...she was actually aggressively not allowing vehicles to pass on the right either. I was just behind her and she was driving 50 next to campers and tractor trailers for miles and miles. Then enough room would open up on the right, to go around and then she would race you up to about 80mph. Then a line of slow moving traffic would be approaching on the right, I'd filter back in behind her and she would drop back down to 50mph. This happened multiple times over the course of the 40 or so miles.

Eventually, I got pissed and gunned it. I had to go way beyond the speed limit to pass her and I did. Just after I passed her and slowing down, I saw State Highway Patrol on an on-ramp. I got pulled over a few miles down the road, doing 93 in a 75 or 80 mph zone. I tried to explain the situation to the officer, but he wasn't having it. He was pretty nice, except showed no mercy. That lady pissed me off BIG TIME. I paid the $70 ticket because it's a 12-hour drive each way, to the county in which I violated.

A couple of weeks ago I got my new insurance premium, which went up $275 per 6 months. I called my insurance company and they said it will stick for the next 2 years ($1100), unless I can convince MT to drop the violation. I've spent hours on the phone trying to get it straightened out and the office that I'm supposed to deal with, won't call me back.

A pit maneuver would have been the easy way to deal with this. :confused:

Full disclosure...she was actually aggressively not allowing vehicles to pass on the right either. I was just behind her and she was driving 50 next to campers and tractor trailers for miles and miles. Then enough room would open up on the right, to go around and then she would race you up to about 80mph. Then a line of slow moving traffic would be approaching on the right, I'd filter back in behind her and she would drop back down to 50mph. This happened multiple times over the course of the 40 or so miles.

Eventually, I got pissed and gunned it. I had to go way beyond the speed limit to pass her and I did. Just after I passed her and slowing down, I saw State Highway Patrol on an on-ramp. I got pulled over a few miles down the road, doing 93 in a 75 or 80 mph zone. I tried to explain the situation to the officer, but he wasn't having it. He was pretty nice, except showed no mercy. That lady pissed me off BIG TIME. I paid the $70 ticket because it's a 12-hour drive each way, to the county in which I violated.

A couple of weeks ago I got my new insurance premium, which went up $275 per 6 months. I called my insurance company and they said it will stick for the next 2 years ($1100), unless I can convince MT to drop the violation. I've spent hours on the phone trying to get it straightened out and the office that I'm supposed to deal with, won't call me back.

I was only partly kidding :)

Me too. Funny the justice court called me back almost instantly that I sent the above message. They basically told me I'm screwed.

Lesson learned. From now on, if around an aggressive driver, I'm just going to get off the highway for a few and stretch the legs.

I can't stand drivers like that, something is wrong with them mentally. I typically zoom whenever I'm driving, but if someone wants to go faster than me I'm more than happy to let them, it's like having a 'scout,' we call the fast driver in front of us a 'blocker'

ARGH, that sucks so much. That's worse than the $80.00 ticket I got in the mail from PDX. It was for no front license plate. The guy that STOLE MY front license plate from the front of MY TRUCK put it on the REAR of HIS TRUCK (same year/model as mine). He got a ticket for no front plate. Of course! He only had the plate he stole from the front of my truck. I sent the $80.00 in with the explanation and picks of my old rear plate, AND the new plates I had to cough up $35.00 for (a month before I had to re license BTW). The city of porkland kept $40.00 of my $$s for me getting ripped off. :mad:

Idk, I was taught to move over if someone was overtaking me in the fast lane.

Otherwise, it's the smoothest ride 99% of the time and cruise control is much more viable.

Plus no dealing with people getting on the freeway every on/off ramp.

I also bend the speeding rules slightly.
In some Cities that have three or more lanes there are signs telling through traffic use left lanes . Spokane Washington is a good example the on ramps are short . so I drive the center lane in my 18 wheeler because cars coming on the highway don't have enough space to get up to speed

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top