JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This Blackhole barrel flat shoots!!!!

Just finished building a SPR with a Blackhole Weaponry 8 twist, SPR contour. In .264 LBC. I am more than pleased with the barrel. I fired 9 rounds on the new barrel to adjust the gas block, check for function and get on paper, then scrubbed the bore with Butches Bore Shine and went for my first 5 shot group. This was rounds 10-14 on the new barrel. Shot at 130 yards from the prone in the dirt with a bipod and rear bag.

The cold clean bore shot was almost exactly 1 MOA high, the next four stacked up for a group of .284 for four shots!

I had the upper, lower, handguard and buffer tube Cerakoted in a burnt bronze/ graphite black mix.

SNS lower
Mega heavy billet upper
Fortis "Red" muzzle brake
Battle Tested Equipment adjustable gas block
BlacHole Weaponry 18" , SPR contour, 8 twist barrel. Threaded 5/8-24
14" Fortis Rev handguard
Noveske key-mod rail panels
Mega grip
MagPul ACS-L stock
Rock River two stage match trigger
NIB bolt carrier
Type I bolt

FullSizeRender_zps11b04031.jpg FullSizeRender_zps727325a3.jpg IMG_9053_zpsd9adf0d9.jpg IMG_9059_zps9156c8c2.jpg IMG_9058_zps39742d30.jpg IMG_9060_zpsc6f33694.jpg IMG_9054_zps233e0bdf.jpg IMG_9055_zps5e1fefd3.jpg FullSizeRender_zpsf0727548.jpg FullSizeRender_zps1fd393a2.jpg FullSizeRender_zps5dc5a1ed.jpg FullSizeRender_zps124be9e6.jpg IMG_9134_zps6b227b9c.jpg

What was your reasoning for choosing the 6.5 over the 6.8 SPCII? I have been thinking about branching out into a larger bore AR and have been leaning towards the 6.8 but it really seems to be a tough call.

What was your reasoning for choosing the 6.5 over the 6.8 SPCII? I have been thinking about branching out into a larger bore AR and have been leaning towards the 6.8 but it really seems to be a tough call.

The 6.5 Grendel definitely has an edge over the 6.8 SPCII. The Grendel shoots flatter, as it has much high ballistic coefficient bullets available, when one compares similar bullet weights.

This 123 gr Hornady AMAX that BiggerHammer is shooting has a whopping ballistic coefficient of .510 ! Hornady's 120 gr SST bullet for the 6.8mm SPCII has a BC of .400

Thank you. As mentioned before, I went with the Grendel due to the bullet selection and B.C's. I currently have a 24" , 8 twist bull barrel profile in the works for a heavy AR build. This will be a dedicated long range Rockchuck/Groundhog rifle. I'm leaning towards "Sniper Grey" Cerakote and all black furniture.

B E A Utiful. I've been thinking about a 6.5G to deer hunt with. Just haven't made the plunge yet.

Great looking rifle!

My buddy is building a .450 bushmaster for hunting with. Absolutely love how flexible the AR platform has become, and how it continues to evolve and expand. Would love to see more calibers get some standardization going between manufactures.

This is one outstanding barrel! I decided to try some 130gr Nosler Accubonds and some 129gr Hornady SST's. I wanted to see how the 8 twist barrel shot them, due to the fact I have a much longer, heavier 8 twist in the same chambering on the way from BlackHole. I can get more velocity out of the heavies in the longer barrel.

I loaded both bullets with the same charge of BL-(2). The group bellow was shot rather informally. From the prone with a bipod, in the dirt with a rear bag. When I took the target picture I thought I had shot seven but in reality, I had shot 8. The group measured .327! Tomorrow I'll give the 129gr Hornady SST's a go.

FullSizeRender_zps8a492f83.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads