Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I think I have this right.....

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by mpperales, Jan 27, 2013.

1. mpperales

mpperales Happy Valley, Oregon Well-Known Member

I live in Oregon....but I SHOULD be able to purchase a "long gun" including shotguns....at any show in Washington state...as long as the seller has an FFL... :thumbup:

If this is the case...anyone in Oregon could go to a show across the river, or a retail store for that matter, to purchase basically anything but a pistol as long as the seller, again, has an FFL...right?

Thanks for any and all clarification...

2. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

check out this information, but if it were me I would called a dealer in the state of washington to make there are no state laws prohiviting said purchase

here is what the atf Q & A section says

"""Q: May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s own State?
    A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)]""

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Unlicensed Persons

this does not directly answer your question, call a licensed dealer in the state you wish to buy from and ask them

3. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

It's been a while, but I thought long guns could be purchased by Oregonians at a Washington gunshow from private sellers without any background check, however, Handguns are a diffeent story and need to go thru an FFL?

Could be wrong....it's been about 4-yrs since I hit the WA state shows.

4. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

mpperales, yes, you should be able to buy long guns at WA. I've done it. If you are looking for something in specific, give the FFL a call before you drop by their store, just to be on the safe side.