JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in Oregon....but I SHOULD be able to purchase a "long gun" including shotguns....at any show in Washington state...as long as the seller has an FFL... :s0155:

If this is the case...anyone in Oregon could go to a show across the river, or a retail store for that matter, to purchase basically anything but a pistol as long as the seller, again, has an FFL...right?

Thanks for any and all clarification...

check out this information, but if it were me I would called a dealer in the state of washington to make there are no state laws prohiviting said purchase

here is what the atf Q & A section says

"""Q: May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s own State?
A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)]""

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Unlicensed Persons

this does not directly answer your question, call a licensed dealer in the state you wish to buy from and ask them

It's been a while, but I thought long guns could be purchased by Oregonians at a Washington gunshow from private sellers without any background check, however, Handguns are a diffeent story and need to go thru an FFL?

Could be wrong....it's been about 4-yrs since I hit the WA state shows.

mpperales, yes, you should be able to buy long guns at WA. I've done it. If you are looking for something in specific, give the FFL a call before you drop by their store, just to be on the safe side.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top