JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
to anyone who is knowledgeable thanks in advance . im going to buy a flat top upper. i have a a2 upper now im going to keep the barrel and hand guard and replace the a2 with the flat top. my questions are i need one of those thing that hold the upper in a vice ?what are they called ?and where can i get one . the other question is when i put this back togather do i need one of those things that look like a bullit thats a go or no go . or does it just bolt all up . im sorry about these questions i just dont know. i need the flat top becouse i need a better scope platform im getting older :D

you need a barrel wrench and receiver block and a bench vise and torque wrench

you can get barrel wrench and receiver block from brownells or midway or several other gun dealers do a seach for best price if you want to save a few bucks .

torque wrench and vise can be bought at harbor freight and should also be at fred myers walmart bimart sears ect

you will not need a head space guage (bullet looking thing) if you are using your original working mated bolt and barrel
from your original working upper

you will also need a small punch to knock out the gas tube pin i get those at sears but harbor freight has them as well and maybe some of those other places mentioned

make sure you torque the barrel nut correctly

to anyone who is knowledgeable thanks in advance . im going to buy a flat top upper. i have a a2 upper now im going to keep the barrel and hand guard and replace the a2 with the flat top. my questions are i need one of those thing that hold the upper in a vice ?what are they called ?and where can i get one . the other question is when i put this back togather do i need one of those things that look like a bullit thats a go or no go . or does it just bolt all up . im sorry about these questions i just dont know. i need the flat top becouse i need a better scope platform im getting older :D

If you don't want to buy the tools,i have everything needed on hand to do the job.
Should you want to do the work yourself with some experienced guidance let me know,we could set up a time and it can be swapped over here.
RK

RockKrawler id like to take you up on that it will be a couple of weeks if that would be ok i have to sell a couple of things so i can buy my upper i have the vice and armors tool but thats it

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top