JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all, we heat with wood and have used news paper to start fires since I was a wee boy. But alas we no longer get "the news" was wondering if some horder had a pile of old news paper I could have 😂.

But seriously if anyone has some or maybe has a connection of getting some that need to be "recycled" I'd like to get my hands on a bunch

Hello all, we heat with wood and have used news paper to start fires since I was a wee boy. But alas we no longer get "the news" was wondering if some horder had a pile of old news paper I could have 😂.

But seriously if anyone has some or maybe has a connection of getting some that need to be "recycled" I'd like to get my hands on a bunch
If you clean out your woodstove ashes into a large coffee can, add kerosene and mix in till the ashes absorb the liquid. To start the fire, spoon in a heaping tablespoon of the mix and light. This is an Alaska bush tip when there's no newspaper or kindling and the available wood is wet...it's sorcery.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews