JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I contacted a guy on ARMS-LIST (Kurt Kristensen) about one of his rifles he had for sale. First off, his ad was for Eugene, but he live in Reedsport.
Kurt quoted me a price that I found to be fair. He told me he wanted to do a bill of sale & wanted a copy of my D.L.! I said no problem. We talked two days before our meet, he tells me he wants the cash in all Twenty Dollar bills. I say OK, as I'm thinking to my self "this guy seems a bit anal". Today, Kurt calls me 25 hours before our meet. He tells me he "misquoted me"! He says he did some research & the rifle is worth more than twice the price we agreed on (It is not worth that much). Then he tells me he will "MAKE IT RIGHT WITH ME", & gives me a new price, 40% higher than the original price!!!! I told him the gun is not worth what he thinks it is. I then proceeded to tell him the new quote he gave me was at the high end of the guns value. I may have agreed to purchase the rifle at that price from the beginning, but not now!

I'm not telling anyone NOT to deal with this guy, I'm just letting you all know what I had to deal with!
Here is the link to his ad: ARMSLIST - For Sale: WWII BOLT ACTION RIFLE COLLECTION

By the way, he probably wanted 20's as they may be less likely to be counterfeit. Though, I have seen some fake 20's, they are usually not very good.

He made the deal, regardless of what he found out later he should have stuck with it. He should have done his research BEFORE he posted and agreed to a sale with you!! I will avoid him and Im sure many others will also. Kurt Kristensen is now on my list, People like him have no business selling weapons online! My rant is now over!! I just looked and it seems that he wants to sell them all together for $3500. no prices listed for single rifles, He also now lists Reedsport and Eugene?.

Armslist seems to be full of scammers.......like Craigslist.
There are normal, honest sellers on both lists but they seem to be harder and harder to find.

I've bought and sold on Armslist and so far haven't had a bad transaction. My only issue was with a listing that was listed for The Dalles/Portland. I liked the price and was willing to drive as far as The Dalles to meet them. As we were making the arrangements to meet, he mentioned he'd be coming from Pasco. At that point, I told him he couldn't do a private sale across state lines, at least not without an FFL involved - he challenged me on that. I directed him to the ATF website to read the law for himself and suggested he pull the add from the Oregon listings ASAP. I cancelled the meeting and watched that ad continue to be listed - unfortunately there is no option on Armslist to report something like that. It was a younger guy, so I think it was primarily inexperience. The rest of the folks I've dealt with have been fine. Know your laws, know the real value of what you plan to buy or sell beforehand, meet face to face and exchange ID's if necessary for a gun transaction. If someone changes the rules at the last minute, back out. Do all that and you give yourself the best shot at getting a decent deal.

I been burned from Armslist.com. there might be more to his side of the story then you know.
this same rant is on different websites... LAME

I'm just trying to inform people of a guy who is not a man of his word!
You say "LAME". I say, your the only person on this thread with negative feedback!

I've bought and sold on Armslist and so far haven't had a bad transaction. My only issue was with a listing that was listed for The Dalles/Portland. I liked the price and was willing to drive as far as The Dalles to meet them. As we were making the arrangements to meet, he mentioned he'd be coming from Pasco. At that point, I told him he couldn't do a private sale across state lines, at least not without an FFL involved - he challenged me on that. I directed him to the ATF website to read the law for himself and suggested he pull the add from the Oregon listings ASAP. I cancelled the meeting and watched that ad continue to be listed - unfortunately there is no option on Armslist to report something like that. It was a younger guy, so I think it was primarily inexperience. The rest of the folks I've dealt with have been fine. Know your laws, know the real value of what you plan to buy or sell beforehand, meet face to face and exchange ID's if necessary for a gun transaction. If someone changes the rules at the last minute, back out. Do all that and you give yourself the best shot at getting a decent deal.

Armslist has ways of flagging ads, just look above the Contact Seller icon button, and choose from the drop down menu.

I don't want to hear these horror story's right now.... I just mailed out a grand to a perfect stranger in Texas.....I checked him out and called the large gun shop the rifle will be sent from but still never 100% secure these days. I hope I don't get burned!

I know how you feel, I bought a Mossy 590 Marine from a gentleman in the midwest off Armslist several months ago. Great communication and the gun was so well wrapped and packed that you could have dropped it from a plane...........but yes I was chewing on 45acp for a week until it showed up at my FFL.
So there are some good sellers on AL, but they seem to be so rare these days that I no longer will buy off AL.

1382867_02_used_12ga_mossberg_590_mariner_640.jpg

I met with another guy this morning with a similar rifle (MAS 36). It came home with me! :D
This one is a carbine. It came with a few hundred cases, some lead cast and jacketed bullets & some loaded ammo. I even got to shoot it before I bought it.
To top it off, I got it for 25% less than Kurt's original price! :s0155:

I know how you feel, I bought a Mossy 590 Marine from a gentleman in the midwest off Armslist several months ago. Great communication and the gun was so well wrapped and packed that you could have dropped it from a plane...........but yes I was chewing on 45acp for a week until it showed up at my FFL.
So there are some good sellers on AL, but they seem to be so rare these days that I no longer will buy off AL.

1382867_02_used_12ga_mossberg_590_mariner_640.jpg

I did check out the seller through GB and called the huge gun shop that is handling the transaction so I feel pretty good about it. They know the seller by first name too. It's a very good deal so I was skeptical. I'm not worried now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top