JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This tomahawk has an 8" wide head and a 4" blade with a long "beard". The spike on the other end is a mean thing and not a toy. The handle on the tool is The full tang 'hawk is forged from 1075 High Carbon Steel hardened to 55-56 on the Rockwell hardness scale. This tomahawk is forged in El Salvador on German tooling and is 14 5/16" from the top of the blade to the end of the tang. The handle is wrapped with 550 Paracord.

This 'hawk set me back $59.90, but I think that it will be well worth the money.

OTOH, I bought a Este framing axe for 12 clams and took a grinder to it.

015.JPG 016.JPG

This guy?
Condor Tool & Knife, Tomahawk Axe, 8in x 4in Blade, Paracord Handle with Sheath https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I5T27YA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_yzVACbW9WVWD9

I'd recommend looking at these I've got three. One in each car and one for backpacking. There are extremely nice for the money. Use the one that I keep in my pack all the time. Edge stays sharp under normal use. The saw is great for yielding 4-6" trees to produce timber for fires.

Ganzo Axe GSA01-YE Nylon and Glassfiber Handle Survival Axe w/ serrated knife and firestarter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAIBTCD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_MBVACbTRWSEE3

upload_2019-2-18_10-18-0.jpeg

That's the boy. It should arrive tomorrow (today being President's day and all). Yes, the 1075 High Carbon Steel will hold a great edge and the 55-56 Rockwell hardness should allow it to take a healthy amount of pounding while remaining in one piece.

As a battle implement, it should deftly cleave a skull.

The 'hawk arrived today and it is sharp on both ends! The blade has a "chopping" edge that will bifurcate a bad guy's skull as "quick as a wink". The spike is nasty! (I would hate to be on the receiving end of a blow from it).

This piece of steel is well worth the price paid. It is light enough to change direction in mid-stroke (a definite plus during an interpersonal altercation). This Tomahawk is a real piece of "hell on wheels".

The 1075 High Carbon Steel blade is perfect for the purpose. It will hold a great edge, yet can still be easily honed to a "persuasive" edge. Believe me when I tell you, this will really "leave a mark".

I can, without reservation, heartily recommend this "tactical tomahawk".

Manny:

The holster unsnaps at the top and access is a tad slow. For pure ease of access, I leave the 'hawk propped upside down right next to the bed where I can silently grab the weapon when I hear something going "bump" in the night.

This particular tomahawk isn't "right" for everyone. If you want a "Vietnam" (Lagana-type) 'hawk with a "roofing hammer" grip, I would recommend the Estwing Black Eagle Tomahawk. You can buy them on Amazon for about $37.00 (including shipping). The Estwing has a 2.75" blade and a healthy spike on the other end. The handle is filling and it is also full tang. They use 1070 High Carbon Steel and it can also change direction in mid-stroke. (I want one of these as well).

The Estwing can quickly kill by burying either the spike or the blade deeply int the skull of an opponent. I like to call them "instant mothertrucker". (Or "Aspirin for Kim Jung Un").

Last Edited:
Captain O,

Thanks for all the great information.

Do you have something you practice on to hone your skills deploying your Tomahawk as once back when I was in Basic Training and AIT in the Army - we had practice dummies (of sorts) for bayonet practice?

Are there particular type martial arts movements with the Tomahawk?

Again harkening back to my Army experience, we had 'on guard/horizontal/vertical' butt strokes that when done efficiently were very effective...

Manny:

It is my pleasure. In the right hands, these weapons can be extremely effective. If a few 'bad guys' receive a "deep" hair part, my feelings wouldn't be hurt. Keep yourself safe and "watch your six".

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top