JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

As per the boldface question in my post.

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Reactions
I am in a discussion on another forum about CCP removal and would like some opinions to offer on it so my question is:

IF (hypothetically) your state were to put up for a general election the question: 'Do you agree to the removal of the current CCP requirement with a new law that will require an X amount of hour safety & law course to complete before one can purchase a HANDGUN?' - how would you vote.

First poll so please bear with me!

Yea. No.

145FBB9B-68EF-4F8C-BBDA-40B8E8E52F02.jpeg

No. No bonds. No levies. No new legislation whatsoever. End of story.

EVERYTHING our dear leaders touch only strips us of out rights further. I'm tired of it.

That reads like a permit class to me. So a permit to purchase.
Well, you are 'reading' too much into this. No thumbprint required, and nothing else but a course completion - not unlike a 'Hunter's Safety' class requirement to purchase a hunting license.

I would appreciate everyone just reading the question and voting in the poll.

Well, you are 'reading' too much into this. No thumbprint required, and nothing else but a course completion - not unlike a 'Hunter's Safety' class requirement to purchase a hunting license.
youd have to prove the course completion, essentially the same thing as a permit to purchase.

Your original post is a bit vague and confusing... to me... it says to give up a CCP (Im assuming this is the same as a Concealed Carry Permit) in exchange for being able to buy a handgun without a background check (ie, registration) if you get a certificate that you passed a gun class of some kind (another wide open question). So for me, the answer is no... I would not want to give up the ability to lawfully carry in exchange for the ability to buy without a background check. Sounds like a net loss of rights to me.

Your original post is a bit vague and confusing... to me
Your response is equally vague and confusing and the last part, I would not want to give up the ability to lawfully carry in exchange for the ability to buy without a background check. Sounds like a net loss of rights to me. - makes no sense as well so I will rephrase this to be as understandable as possible:

Would YOU agree to the STATE removing the Concealed Carry Permit requirement, to allow anyone who is legally able to possess a handgun, to carry concealed, in EXCHANGE for a requirement of an X amount of hour safety & law course to complete before one can purchase a HANDGUN, which includes all current background check requirements' ?

Your response is equally vague and confusing and the last part, I would not want to give up the ability to lawfully carry in exchange for the ability to buy without a background check. Sounds like a net loss of rights to me. - makes no sense as well so I will rephrase this to be as understandable as possible:

Would YOU agree to the STATE removing the Concealed Carry Permit requirement, to allow anyone who is legally able to possess a handgun, to carry concealed, in EXCHANGE for a requirement of an X amount of hour safety & law course to complete before one can purchase a HANDGUN, which includes all current background check requirements' ?
still confusing but if its what I think your trying to say then yes I would agree.

it would depend of if there was a test, cost and time of the class of course, but its essentially a permit to buy a gun without a background check which would also allow you to carry concealed (and open?).

For me I live in a constitutional carry state so no permit required and the state does not require I get its permission to buy a gun, just the federal government and only from an FFL so my answer is,

Not only no but Heck no!

but its essentially a permit to buy a gun without a background check
One more time - please read what I posted:

in EXCHANGE for a requirement of an X amount of hour safety & law course to complete before one can purchase a HANDGUN, which includes all current background check requirements' ?

safety & law course - NOT a permit.

One more time - please read what I posted:

in EXCHANGE for a requirement of an X amount of hour safety & law course to complete before one can purchase a HANDGUN, which includes all current background check requirements' ?
see this is the confusing part. When you say it includes something then that means what it says.... take a class and then that class includes "all current background check requirements". That means, to me.. that I dont need to do a background check to buy a new gun.
Or do you mean you have to pass a background check in order to just take the class?

take a class and then that class includes "all current background check requirements". That means, to me.. that I dont need to do a background check to buy a new gun.
INCLUDES means just what it does. The background check requirements still apply. That part doesn't change.

The ONLY thing that would change is the ADDITION of a safety and law course. It would not ELIMINATE the CURRENT background check/4473 requirements.

Like I said previously - think of it as a Hunters Safety course being needed before being able to get a hunting license.

Last Edited:
Dang! Misunderstood the title and thought this was about China... In that poll I'd vote to pay more money to move production of the crap I think I need back to the US instead of going Dr. Strangelove on them.

My answer to the concealed pistol poll is NO!

I'd NEVER agree to a prerequisite condition to exercise a right. That basically demotes the right to a privilege since completion of the course is effectively a State issued license.

I'd vote however to make that training and education a requirement for public schools.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top