JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
A few weeks ago, officers responded to call of a violent domestic incident. When they arrived they found a young black woman with a knife slashing at another young black woman on the ground, then rushing toward yet another young black woman who she had backup against a car. She drew her arm back and before she could stab the other girl, officers fired, killing her; I was really hoping that BLM would take the opportunity to thank the police for saving the lives of 2 black women. What an opportunity to demonstrate that their movement isn't anti-police. Instead, we heard the standard protests and calls for firing the cop who, in my opinion, acted professionally and even heroically.

Two other situations came to mind. The first was a typical traffic stop. The officer asked for the black man's license and the man complied. My memory is a bit hazy here, but the cop may have asked about weapons and the man said "yes, I have a concealed carry license" but by the time he finished that sentence the cop had his gun out and was pulling the trigger, killing him.

The second is in some ways worse. A black man is shopping at walmart and picks up a bb gun for his kid. He's browsing, carrying the toy and other items and talking on the phone. A prankster calls the police and tells them a guy is walking around walmart pointing a gun at people. Video shows him turn a corner and freeze and less than 2 seconds is killed. I don't know about you, but 2 seconds isn't enough time to even process the situation, let alone respond to commands.

BLM showed its hypocrisy when they failed to acknowledge that the cop saved two black lives. But where was the gun community in these other cases? What would the NRA do if a white man killed for simply saying that he had a weapon and a permit to carry it? Why didn't they offer their support for murder charges against the cop and prove to the world that they are for the rights of ALL Americans to legally poses firearms? In the Ohio case, every Ohio supporter of the 2nd Amendment should have demanded the charges and firing every cop who even pointed their weapons at that man in the store. Ohio is an open carry state. Even if he was carrying a real gun, he wouldn't have been breaking the law. I think this kind of hypocrisy undermines efforts to preserve gun rights.

I think it doesn't matter what we think. Everything, and I mean everything, including what cereal you prefer for breakfast is polarized politically. More blue ingredients than red ingredients immediately bakes a blue cake

Racism, inequality and hypocrisy exist in many forms.
White privilege exists, though, most whites are completely unaware of it.
Ageism (age discrimination) also exists.
Gun control is not about safety or saving lives.

It's all tribalism.

No lives matter.
Want proof?

20210213_162658.jpg

This was a LE interaction. 2A rights don't apply because….well…they don't apply to LE doing their job. As far as the other 2 examples, citing sources and the original stories would lend some credibility here as well as help those of us that hadn't heard of them.

The irony there is huge but probably not for the reasons you think. If you know quite a bit about the history of planned parent hood then you get it , if not you probably just think it's some sort of weird pro life / abortion irony in pictorial form .

Concerning white privilege , you're wrong . I have been white all my life, spent a big chung of it very poor , the only folks thus far who that think white privilege is real are wealthy and upper middle income white folk who have some guilt complex because they were afforded some advantages the vast majority of us didn't get. Perputating the idea that there is a mythical white privilege is going to end up causing problems in this country that can't be fixed . I do agree its the tribalism of the left though , and it's why diversity/ multi culti is a horrible thing that destroys a society that embraces it .

The great thing about America the melting pot is that even though Americans can come from everywhere they share the common culture of being American promoting differences over everything else America is destructive.

It's all tribalism.

No lives matter.
Want proof?

View attachment 891825

Yes, have read a fair bit about Margaret Sanger. As the initial concept behind its founding morphed into one of "freedom", the original purpose was swept under the rug. You can say it's ironic on multiple levels.

I have been white all my life, spent a big chung of it very poor
Same, though I'm not a Chung. :D
I know it exists because I see it in action, and have seen it in education and in the hiring process.
I have no dog in that fight, just pointing out that which exists. While we may debate to what extent it affects society, it's undeniable (to me, at least) that it *does* exist, and is not a myth.
I also see the inverse.
Classism exists too.

Which gets me back to the blanket assertion, it's all a form of tribalism.

My intent was to respond to the OP that the hypocrisy of BLM is not new, is exhibited by other groups also, and that tribalism exists in many forms.

Now, if you were an elderly sasquatch, walking into a Walmart to apply for a job.....

It's all tribalism.
Is there an "ism" for growing up without inside plumbing, not getting "new" shoes or clothing, not getting the job because you don't have the "connections" or come from the "right" background? Many "Whites" growing up in the 50's and 60's did not have a lot of "privilege". This was about the only social program on the books for many: https://www.reaenergy.com/! Surplus food program was mostly flour and cheese, occasionally butter and canned pork. Being alive is really what mattered! Not some cheesy logo or chant!

If you watch the news, it's not entirely logical what does and doesn't "matter". They pick and choose what to spotlight, in accordance with their own objectives.

The Bolshevist elite want to overthrow the Tsar. In order to do that, they need to stir up public discontent. This game has played out many times in history. It's not class warfare, it is ideological warfare. The average man is just a pawn, who doesn't know what to believe.

Double standards, hypocrisy and getting what you asked for not what you wanted. 2020 in a nutshell. The first two are obvious. The last, we are seeing record gun sales month after month in a large part related to how we view the police and our personal security.

Gun sales in response to the reality of fewer police and failure of the courts to lock up dangerous people. More guns in this case hasn't remedied this situation. More women and people of color with guns hasn't brought the gun culture together.

This was a LE interaction. 2A rights don't apply because….well…they don't apply to LE doing their job. As far as the other 2 examples, citing sources and the original stories would lend some credibility here as well as help those of us that hadn't heard of them.
That is absolutely not so. The Constitution is the document from which all rights and laws come. Police officers work under the constraint of the constitution, which is why they have to read suspects their Miranda rights and why they can, in addition to state charges, be charged with civil right violations.

But where was the gun community in these other cases?
both of those cases are not as conclusive as youve presented and involved suspects with a gun not following officers commands. There is a lot of subjectiveness in the interpreting the outcome of those cases that could be discussed, but it would be important to cite sources for the Crawford and Castile shootings to discuss for everyone to get the full context. I dont see how the pro gun community can or should respond to police shootings as those are entirely different situation since officers are required to be there by law and citizens are not. I also dont see what the gun control debate has to do with the BLM movement perhaps you can clarify that?

both of those cases are not as conclusive as youve presented and involved suspects with a gun not following officers commands. There is a lot of subjectiveness in the interpreting the outcome of those cases that could be discussed, but it would be important to cite sources for the Crawford and Castile shootings to discuss for everyone to get the full context. I dont see how the pro gun community can or should respond to police shootings as those are entirely different situation since officers are required to be there by law and citizens are not. I also dont see what the gun control debate has to do with the BLM movement perhaps you can clarify that?
All good points, and I'm still waiting for a source of a story in the OP. The BB gun one was John Crawford III from 2014. The other is too vague. And the hazy memory of the OP doesn't help.

Last Edited:
All good points, and I'm still waiting for a source of the stories in the OP. The BB gun one was John Crawford III from 2014. The other is too vague. And the hazy memory of the OP doesn't help.
I know what one he is talking about when the guy got shot pulling his wallet. Philando Castile is his name. Told the cop he had a gun and continued to disobey LEO commands. Was shot in front of his daughter and girlfriend I believe. Not saying lethal force was warranted but it happened.

I know what one he is talking about when the guy got shot pulling his wallet. Philando Castile is his name. Told the cop he had a gun and continued to disobey LEO commands. Was shot in front of his daughter and girlfriend I believe. Not saying lethal force was warranted but it happened.

Ah ok yes, thanks man.

What would the NRA do if a white man killed for simply saying that he had a weapon and a permit to carry it?
I'm curious when that ever happened. On the other hand I don't think the NRA raised a fuss over the Daniel Shaver incident either, which would seem to make the NRA, with all it's other flaws, at least consistent with regard to race.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads