JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The shop took in a couple of Husqvarna rifles this week and I am interested in one of them, chambered in 30-06. Supposedly it is a model H5000 and was made in the 1950s. The price seems a little high for my cheap soul so I would like to make sure it is a great rifle before beginning any negotiation. Anything particular about Husqvarna rifles I should look for?

Last Edited:
Husqvarna sporting rifles are well worth consideration.
They are well made , work well and shoot very nicely.

Something to consider here :
The price seems a little high for my cheap soul
While pretty much everyone wants a good deal on something...
It is not wise to pass up on something that is wanted or needed...solely because the price ain't quite to your liking.

Andy

After doing a little more research, I think the "Husqvarna" rifle I am looking at was built by Krico in Germany and is not a Husqvarna at all. It may be a M700 action. Supposedly Krico actions are held in high regard over in Europe. I hadn't heard of them until now.

I am also looking hard at the Howa Golden Bear they have which is supposedly built on a clone of a Sako action and is cheaper. Both are chambered in 30-06. It was made in Japan.

If I wait until hunting season comes and goes and the rifles are still there, I may be able to negotiate a slightly better deal.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top