JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The shop took in a couple of Husqvarna rifles this week and I am interested in one of them, chambered in 30-06. Supposedly it is a model H5000 and was made in the 1950s. The price seems a little high for my cheap soul so I would like to make sure it is a great rifle before beginning any negotiation. Anything particular about Husqvarna rifles I should look for?

Last Edited:
Husqvarna sporting rifles are well worth consideration.
They are well made , work well and shoot very nicely.

Something to consider here :
The price seems a little high for my cheap soul
While pretty much everyone wants a good deal on something...
It is not wise to pass up on something that is wanted or needed...solely because the price ain't quite to your liking.

Andy

After doing a little more research, I think the "Husqvarna" rifle I am looking at was built by Krico in Germany and is not a Husqvarna at all. It may be a M700 action. Supposedly Krico actions are held in high regard over in Europe. I hadn't heard of them until now.

I am also looking hard at the Howa Golden Bear they have which is supposedly built on a clone of a Sako action and is cheaper. Both are chambered in 30-06. It was made in Japan.

If I wait until hunting season comes and goes and the rifles are still there, I may be able to negotiate a slightly better deal.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR