JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$60
City
La Center
State
Washington
I used this for several years as a home server (running Windows Home Server on it) before recently switching to something with a larger case and room for more drives. It's great for a central low-overhead local file share if you're looking to keep things out of the cloud...It will run Windows Server 2016 Essentials (what I had on it last before migrating that license over to new hardware), but I don't think I'd try a Windows OS newer than that on it (they killed off the "essentials" piece with server 2019 anyway). Setting it up to run a Linux-based NAS system would likely be ideal...though I'm not really familiar with Linux/Unix boxes at all.

It's got an AMD Turion N40L processor (x64 architecture, not sure the clock speed)
I upgraded the RAM to 8GB
It has the un-official BIOS installed that allows the SATA ports for the internal bays to be hot-swapped.
It has a USB 3.0 PCI card installed in the back to provide two (2) USB 3.0 ports in addition to the four (4) USB 2 ports it has
Two (2) 1TB Western Digital Black 3.5" HDDs are installed in it (they have been wiped to DoD standard).
The upper bay will fit a full size DVD/BD drive in there, or you can mount an additional hard drive in there if you get the appropriate bracket/adapter - there is an SATA cable already routed up to that space. I had used that bay for an SSD that housed the OS and programs so that all four bays could be used for storage. I believe if you use the SATA port for the top internal bay, you lose the ability to use the external one in the back (was never an issue for me, since I used the USB 3.0 ports for expanded storage).

Does not come with an OS installed or included

These are going for around $100 + shipping (which isn't cheap) on eBay...I'd rather have someone locally be able to put it to use.

So, let's do this: If you provide a $60 gift membership to someone else on NWFA and send me proof of your donation, and it's yours!

I live in La Center and work near downtown Vancouver. PM me if interested or if you have any questions.
5708CE6B-E6D2-4479-B95E-02F393ADBD21.jpeg 7688A65F-1CBD-4963-8EE6-4AD3544F646C.jpeg 1DB4BFDA-7AF7-4F68-8E42-628472C1CA64.jpeg 0942ECAD-808B-44B9-9287-9AB258EEA2C4.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top