JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the tone of your post, it sounds like you are planning on a divorce?

@gomi_otaku
From the wife? Nah. She convinced me of a bad idea but she's a great lady. No divorce. I will just have to kidnap her if she doesn't leave willingly

I'm one of those no regrets kinda people so even though Oregon ain't for me I'm still glad I experienced it. It is beautiful here just to damn cold. Ha.

Eh brah,

Welcome to this site. Pleasure to hea' from you.

I'm from Honolulu (wife from Moloka'i: hunting family, rifle & bow, lots of deer & wild boar on da isle). It's always good to be home & depending on your financial stability, I'd choose living in Hawai'i too.

I've got grandkids living in Oregon and Cali and my wife and I chose to stay and make da best of it here in da NW (I live Olympia, WA). We love spending time with our mo'opuna's and it's close for us to visit. However, with the current State pandemic rules, we choose to follow it (isolation) for da time being. When things improve, we'll get out and check them out.

Oregon (and even WA) though primarily democratic, 2nd Amendment rights are respected and not infringed on as other States (like Cali). I too served during the post cold War (Air Force: boom operator, KC-135A, SAC: I was indoctrinated and do not trust Russia & N. Korea: crazy bugga has his sites on nuk'in my home isles, don't like dat). For da time being, make da best of it and when time allows, get out and "shoot." I belong to a local sportman's association and get to da range when da weather gets better to keep skills proficient.

tty8r braddah.

Eh brah,

Welcome to this site. Pleasure to hea' from you.

I'm from Honolulu (wife from Moloka'i: hunting family, rifle & bow, lots of deer & wild boar on da isle). It's always good to be home & depending on your financial stability, I'd choose living in Hawai'i too.

I've got grandkids living in Oregon and Cali and my wife and I chose to stay and make da best of it here in da NW (I live Olympia, WA). We love spending time with our mo'opuna's and it's close for us to visit. However, with the current State pandemic rules, we choose to follow it (isolation) for da time being. When things improve, we'll get out and check them out.

Oregon (and even WA) though primarily democratic, 2nd Amendment rights are respected and not infringed on as other States (like Cali). I too served during the post cold War (Air Force: boom operator, KC-135A, SAC: I was indoctrinated and do not trust Russia & N. Korea: crazy bugga has his sites on nuk'in my home isles, don't like dat). For da time being, make da best of it and when time allows, get out and "shoot." I belong to a local sportman's association and get to da range when da weather gets better to keep skills proficient.

tty8r braddah.

@inokidu

I work at a private range so I get out a lot to shoot. Was atleast weekly till this covid stuff hit.

How you handle maintaining hawaii slang and pigeon brah? I get in the verbiage when around others but I got really tired of people saying "what'd you say" "whats shootz mean" "why you say aloha to people coming and going" "why do you call garbage rubbish" "you say dakine for everything" etc.

Its nice to see the Kama'aina and local kine words though. I don't meet or see many local kine people around here.

Glad you and the ohana are happy here. I try to make the best of it but the cold and gloom.. it gets to me badly. Not like the volcanic ash that came around in Kona occasionally.

I do really like that oregon is cool with 2A though. Helps a lot and is a lot easier than in hawaii. Stay safe bruddah. Mahalos

Last Edited:
@inokidu

I work at a private range so I get out a lot to shoot. Was atleast weekly till this covid stuff hit.

How you handle maintaining hawaii slang and pigeon brah? I get in the verbiage when around others but I got really tired of people saying "what'd you say" "whats shootz mean" "why you say aloha to people coming and going" "why do you call garbage rubbish" "you say dakine for everything" etc.

Its nice to see the Kama'aina and local kine words though. I don't meet or see many local kine people around here.

Glad you and the ohana are happy here. I try to make the best of it but the cold and gloom.. it gets to me badly. Not like the volcanic ash that came around in Kona occasionally.

I do really like that oregon is cool with 2A though. Helps a lot and is a lot easier than in hawaii. Stay safe bruddah. Mahalos

Yeah, I feel u brah. I get da home sick blues too. My kids all raised up in da Pacific NW & marry haole's but it's okay cause my wife & I, we still carry out local style wit us (my kids have adapted to my local jargon & Hawaiian piggin) If u hunt & fish, Hawai'i is da best IMO. Very few people live dat life style here in da mainland too.
You'd be surprised but Portland is loaded with people from HI, just google Hawaiian food & I promise u will find other local people eating there.
When did pandemic pau, and I come down to visit my mo'opuna's, we should hook up brah. What range u work at? I'll come visit u.

Aloha, catch u later

Howzit Brudda,

E Komo Mai to Oregon. Oregon is a nice state with a lot of beauty, but I can tell you, after living in Hawaii Nei for 20 years, Maui mo betta! Ever hunt pigs at KoliKoli?

I have been in Oregon now for 20 years and still have not totally adapted to the gloomy winters. I am a sailor and really miss the warm trade winds, and only left because my work went away. Pilau! You will find a lot of Hawaii ex pats here in Oregon and my friend Led Kaapana gives a great concert in Portland every summer when he does his West Coast tour.

Malama Pono,

Bimmerman

Yeah, I feel u brah. I get da home sick blues too. My kids all raised up in da Pacific NW & marry haole's but it's okay cause my wife & I, we still carry out local style wit us (my kids have adapted to my local jargon & Hawaiian piggin) If u hunt & fish, Hawai'i is da best IMO. Very few people live dat life style here in da mainland too.
You'd be surprised but Portland is loaded with people from HI, just google Hawaiian food & I promise u will find other local people eating there.
When did pandemic pau, and I come down to visit my mo'opuna's, we should hook up brah. What range u work at? I'll come visit u.

Aloha, catch u later

Ha! Funny thing is, I've found all the local kine hawaii grinds here in hopes of making friends with local kine Hawaiians. I still carry local kine stuff too when can but damn sometimes its so much work to be me with all the haole's always bugging.

When all pau for sure, hit me up.

Howzit Brudda,

E Komo Mai to Oregon. Oregon is a nice state with a lot of beauty, but I can tell you, after living in Hawaii Nei for 20 years, Maui mo betta! Ever hunt pigs at KoliKoli?

I have been in Oregon now for 20 years and still have not totally adapted to the gloomy winters. I am a sailor and really miss the warm trade winds, and only left because my work went away. Pilau! You will find a lot of Hawaii ex pats here in Oregon and my friend Led Kaapana gives a great concert in Portland every summer when he does his West Coast tour.

Malama Pono,

Bimmerman

Another one! Yes. Who woulda guessed I'd find hawaiian bruddahs here in this forum. Aloha

Ha! Funny thing is, I've found all the local kine hawaii grinds here in hopes of making friends with local kine Hawaiians. I still carry local kine stuff too when can but damn sometimes its so much work to be me with all the haole's always bugging.

When all pau for sure, hit me up.

May wife's nephew plays live music for a halau down in Beaverton. His name is Ua'ia and he's is from Moloka'i too.

What is da name of da range u work at? Oregon or Washington?

a hui hou

Howzit,

I take it you lived on Oahu? I used to go shooting out in Waianae with a buddy. I worked for Hi-Rise Developers and was involved in the last four that were built before it all stopped and we had to leave (no can afford without salary).. The most beautiful one was the Waikiki Landmark. Got big awards for that one, Brah! Sad to say, Oahu has changed a lot from what it used to be. The developers are trying to turn the Waikiki/Kakaako side into another Hong Kong or Singapore.

I miss the music and the people more than anything.

Aloha,

Bimmerman

May wife's nephew plays live music for a halau down in Beaverton. His name is Ua'ia and he's is from Moloka'i too.

What is da name of da range u work at? Oregon or Washington?

a hui hou

Thats cool. I will have to go check em out. The range has no real name currently. Its been working on it for 2 years now. Its intended for law enforcement and military or prior military/law enforcement only.

We will get ya there.

Aloha bruddah.

Howzit,

I take it you lived on Oahu? I used to go shooting out in Waianae with a buddy. I worked for Hi-Rise Developers and was involved in the last four that were built before it all stopped and we had to leave (no can afford without salary).. The most beautiful one was the Waikiki Landmark. Got big awards for that one, Brah! Sad to say, Oahu has changed a lot from what it used to be. The developers are trying to turn the Waikiki/Kakaako side into another Hong Kong or Singapore.

I miss the music and the people more than anything.

Aloha,

Bimmerman

Not Oahu, Kona. Even big island has changed a lot. Its becoming quite mainlander. Brah you have to get a permit just to camp now a days

Housing is so expensive there too. Sucks because I would have loved to stay. Diving daily again would be great. The music and people are missed badly by me too. Aloha spirit can not be replicated.

Thats cool. I will have to go check em out. The range has no real name currently. Its been working on it for 2 years now. Its intended for law enforcement and military or prior military/law enforcement only.

We will get ya there.

Aloha bruddah.

Oh okay cool. My #2 son might be interested in that as he is in law enforcement there in OR. I'll pass ur info onto him & see if he knows about it.

ttyl8r

Not Oahu, Kona. Even big island has changed a lot. Its becoming quite mainlander. Brah you have to get a permit just to camp now a days

Housing is so expensive there too. Sucks because I would have loved to stay. Diving daily again would be great. The music and people are missed badly by me too. Aloha spirit can not be replicated.

One of my old classmates used to have a store in one of the condos on Alii Drive. It was called Dan's Pupu Pantry and he made a good living from it. I have a friend who has a ranch up in Waimea, bordering Parker Ranch and whenever I could get away from my job on Oahu I would go over there and we would ride horses all over the ranch, looking up at beautiful Mauna Kea. His name is Harry Nakoa, maybe you know him?

Gotta hele on..............

Bimmerman

One of my old classmates used to have a store in one of the condos on Alii Drive. It was called Dan's Pupu Pantry and he made a good living from it. I have a friend who has a ranch up in Waimea, bordering Parker Ranch and whenever I could get away from my job on Oahu I would go over there and we would ride horses all over the ranch, looking up at beautiful Mauna Kea. His name is Harry Nakoa, maybe you know him?

Gotta hele on..............

Bimmerman

I don't know him but wish I did. Riding horses out on a ranch up mauka would be awesome

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top