JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy Y'all.
Fighting Texas Aggie here. Moved to Tacoma last year for work and to find cooler weather and mountains. Loving it so far. Getting back into shooting now that I'm settled in, so information about the best places to shoot is welcome. Gotta say that being able to just go out on public land and shoot is a welcome change. I'm used to everything being provate land and having to coordinate with whoever owns it to be able to get some trigger time in.
Matt

UGF22_01.jpg

Welcome to the westsi-eede!

Triangle Pit might appease you a bit as for outdoor free shooting. Be sure to check if it is open and get a Discover Pass.

And become familiar with Trash No Land.

Welcome!

How about them Cowboys!

Howdy Y'all.
Fighting Texas Aggie here. Moved to Tacoma last year for work and to find cooler weather and mountains. Loving it so far. Getting back into shooting now that I'm settled in, so information about the best places to shoot is welcome. Gotta say that being able to just go out on public land and shoot is a welcome change. I'm used to everything being provate land and having to coordinate with whoever owns it to be able to get some trigger time in.
Matt

View attachment 1337650
Welcome, nice place if you avoid parts of it. Better yet get outside the city. Shooting is hard now other than ranges. Mountain is best but only open part of the year. From here it's basically a day trip. Roads up there lead to gravel pits they use to maintain the roads. Need a Pass to legally be on them, $30 a year. There are some other places closer using the powerline road that goes to the damn. I have been but real uncomfortable doing it. You have to park on the side of a road and hike in a safe distance so you can't see your vehicle. I tried it but all I could think was I would come back and find the damn vehicle broken into or gone so really could not enjoy it. Some places on private land but of course have to get with the owners. Place here has a lot of info with a group who goes and does clean up in the forests where shooting is legal and some make a huge damn mess 🤬
Trash no land. Great bunch if you want to get with them.

I've been down to a couple locations in Capitol forest and that's been cool. Unfortunately last time I tried, the road was gated and covered in snow. So ended up being a scenic 2 hour round trip with jo shooting 🤦

Accounting for snow is also a very new thing for me.

Welcome to the PNW. Most 2A supporters seem to be moving the other way these days. Hope you enjoy your new surroundings. Try not to let the rain and gloomy winter weather get you down. You'll get used to it.

Howdy Y'all.
Matt
The greenwater shooting pit works well

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews