JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My name is Benny. I am Originally from Hamilton, Montana, and have now resided in Gresham, Oregon for 10 years. I am 32 years old, an Married and have 1 child, a 16 month old son named Johnathan.

I was raised around guns, as most Montanan's are. I got my hunters safety at age 12, and killed a cow elk that year. I got my bow hunters safety at age 14, and killed a Black Bear that year with my Bow. I was a good hunter, and almost always filled my tags every year.

Then I moved to Oregon when I met my wife (she's from here) and didn't have the desire to hunt here, and I never actually owned any of my own guns (the ones I used were my dad's and my Grandpa's). Now that My son has been born, I realized the need for some protection in the house. So, I went out and bought a gun safe with a digital keypad on it, and a Ruger P-95 9mm to put in it. My Grandpa also gave me a .22 revolver (it's a cheap Phillipino Smith and Wesson knock off), and a mossberg .22 bolt action rifle that I shot a lot when I was a kid.

I am glad I found this Forum!!! I am looking forward to being an active member. I was wondering, is there a FAQ section? I keep seeing acronyms used on here that I have no idea what in the heck they mean, and I can't understand some guy's posts because they use so many of them...........

Thanks for putting up such a great forum!!!

Welcome. Most of the acronyms used here are common for the internet or texting. A Google search will probably get you the most answers but I think people keep inventing new ones.
FTF- face to face or fail to feed
IIRC- if I remember correctly
IMPO- in my personal opinion
FTE- fail to eject
The list could go on and on... enjoy!

Hello Benny, and welcome to this forum from another guy in Gresham.
So, my wife is from from Mt and my sis married a guy from MT also.
Great country up there, but winters can be a bit much for me, but enjoy it otherwise.

Welcome. Most of the acronyms used here are common for the internet or texting. A Google search will probably get you the most answers but I think people keep inventing new ones.
FTF- face to face or fail to feed
IIRC- if I remember correctly
IMPO- in my personal opinion
FTE- fail to eject
The list could go on and on... enjoy!

FTF and FTE are 2 of the ones I was scratching my head about. Thanks!!!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews