JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Howdy (that's how old people from Puyallup, WA, say hello up here), and glad you found us :)

The best long range club to practice is Douglas Ridge over near Estacada, with up to 1,000 yards, and hand gun steel to shoot, skeet/trap, and an archery range. I live near Tigard and believe Douglas is by far the best rifle range in the greater PDX area. It's a membership non-profit club and takes only about a month to get in an orientation class.

As to Mex food…there are a few dinner places south of Beaverton that are ok but nothing like I had in Brownsville and Las Cruces, once upon a time.
Thank you for the warm welcome. I was gonna ask about clubs, I did some competing when time allowed in TX. I'll look them up and get that going. Thanks for taking the time to say hello.

You're the only one here going out of their way to not say hello and be quite rude, so doesn't look to be the normal response to an introduction thread to me.
Sigh...😣

Hello I am glad you could join us on this forum....

I can not say much about Oregon except what I see in the news, but Washington is very beautiful despite the prevailing political viewpoints.
kinda tough to find a nice range to shoot where I am, but I can generally use local PD's range if need be..

Sigh...😣

Hello I am glad you could join us on this forum....

I can not say much about Oregon except what I see in the news, but Washington is very beautiful despite the prevailing political viewpoints.
kinda tough to find a nice range to shoot where I am, but I can generally use local PD's range if need be..
Thanks, good to meet ya.

If you ever get over to felony flats (82nd ave, SE), try out Su Casa Taquiria at 5703 SE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97206.
It's a tiny hole but they have tripas, brains, sweetmeats, you name it.

If you ever get to Burien, WA there is a place called LaCosta, pretty good place. My kid loves it...
The best Mexican food I ever had was from a friend from Mexico that would invite me and my ex over once in a while, he was a great cook... I am sure you and yours will find some nice places as soon as you get settled in...

I've seen pictures only! We are excited to have a weekend to do some exploring and camping. The gulf has its beauty, but there's something about the meeting of sand and trees, plus I just love rock formations which I hear there's lots to see.
Oregon state campground at Beverly beach is nice. But summers over.
Manzanita is essentially the same beach as cannon beach, and not as many people know about it.
Depoe bay is the best place to get a cliffside room for storm watching (October) .
Seaside is an easy day trip for beach stuff, and camp 18 is on the way for big breakfast.
Astoria has plenty of variety, and Warrenton is just a little further. Fort Stevens is just outside Warrenton.

Welcome.

Oregon state campground at Beverly beach is nice. But summers over.
Manzanita is essentially the same beach as cannon beach, and not as many people know about it.
Depoe bay is the best place to get a cliffside room for storm watching (October) .
Seaside is an easy day trip for beach stuff, and camp 18 is on the way for big breakfast.
Astoria has plenty of variety, and Warrenton is just a little further. Fort Stevens is just outside Warrenton.

Welcome.
Thank you, this kind of info cuts down on research time a lot for some road trips. Tried and true knowledge, Thank you.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

Fellow Southerner with family in Texas, Georgia, South Carolina and Florida. Been here for the past 26 years and really adapted to having all 4 seasons.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

A big welcome to TXManny from Eugene. I have family in Vancouver, some of the best Mexican I've had up there comes from the food trucks or the Mexican guy selling tamales out of the cooler in his trunk.

Welcome fellow Texans from another PNW emigrant. I was born and raised in the West Texas oil fields. Grew up around all things Texas. Carried a 22lr in my pick up in High School - you remember :rolleyes: Happy to see you all on our PNW site. You will find a home here.

Welcome fellow Texans from another PNW emigrant. I was born and raised in the West Texas oil fields. Grew up around all things Texas. Carried a 22lr in my pick up in High School - you remember :rolleyes: Happy to see you all on our PNW site. You will find a home here.
Hey! Always nice to see a fellow TX brother! Thanks for the warm TX welcome, already feel at home.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top