JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Live and work in WA if you can, no income tax. Then shop in Oregon, where there is no sales tax......as long as you stop at your local Department of Revenue to pay those taxes!!!! Yeah......
Haha! True! I am kind of loving that a price tag is actually what I'm paying for!

Good to know, I have to put in my CHL paper work this week. Hoping doesn't take forever.
Washington County is supposed to be good for getting a CHL but I do believe you will need a CHL class certificate no matter which county.
Here's the lowest cost, on line class that is approved :
You can take an in-person class at numerous approved places if you want to go that route.

Washington County is supposed to be good for getting a CHL but I do believe you will need a CHL class certificate no matter which county.
Here's the lowest cost, on line class that is approved :
You can take an in-person class at numerous approved places if you want to go that route.
I'll probably go online just for the time saving factor. Thanks for link.

Haha! True! I am kind of loving that a price tag is actually what I'm paying for!
Weird, isn't it? It took some getting used to because I always assumed I needed 10% more money than the tag said I needed. Welcome! I spent some time in TX for work and liked it a lot of it. But the cooler weather, mountains, and sea breeze is something I can't live without.

If you're not real familiar with the NW, you may be shocked to find that you'll find high desert east of the Cascades. First time I sat on a cactus was a self correcting problem!

Weird, isn't it? It took some getting used to because I always assumed I needed 10% more money than the tag said I needed. Welcome! I spent some time in TX for work and liked it a lot of it. But the cooler weather, mountains, and sea breeze is something I can't live without.

If you're not real familiar with the NW, you may be shocked to find that you'll find high desert east of the Cascades. First time I sat on a cactus was a self correcting problem!
It's really weird! I usually walk around with change in my pocked as a habit for tax. I'll always love TX, it's home, but I think I'm gonna fall in love with the absolute endless natural beauty here.

I'm so excited to explore it thoroughly and ride some quads, camp, shoot, fish, and hunt! I never had enough time to really explore it all when I'd visit.

Oregon Fun Facts :

Outside of the Willamette Valley, Oregon is politically conservative.

The Cascade Mountain Range creates a "rain shadow".
It can be raining in Portland and just overcast on the "East Side".
The temperature on the East Side is often 10 or more degrees warmer than Portland.
The temperature at the Coast is often 10 or more degrees cooler than Portland.

Parts of the East Side will remind you of Texas.

Oregon Fun Facts :

Outside of the Willamette Valley, Oregon is politically conservative.

The Cascade Mountain Range creates a "rain shadow".
It can be raining in Portland and just overcast on the "East Side".
The temperature on the East Side is often 10 or more degrees warmer than Portland.
The temperature at the Coast is often 10 or more degrees cooler than Portland.

Parts of the East Side will remind you of Texas.
I love fun facts!

Thank you for the suggestions, I will check them out!

I heard Beaverton is a good place to put down roots if one wants the Portland area options without being in Mult. County.

Thank you for warm welcome.

I wouldn't.
Traffic is a beech.
I lived in Aloha for years.
I've since moved to Vancouver, WA......like it here better.
Well, if you do want to move out here, my wife and I are selling our starter home (townhouse) in less than a year ;).

Traffic does suck in all of Portland and the surrounding area. I worked in Tigard for a bit and took the MAX to Beaverton Transit Center to then hop on the WES to get to Tigard. During rush hours, it was far and away faster. Getting to Sunset Transit isn't too bad a distance from the city taking the MAX - which is what we do these days (park it for free at Sunset and ride in).

Well, if you do want to move out here, my wife and I are selling our starter home (townhouse) in less than a year ;).

Traffic does suck in all of Portland and the surrounding area. I worked in Tigard for a bit and took the MAX to Beaverton Transit Center to then hop on the WES to get to Tigard. During rush hours, it was far and away faster. Getting to Sunset Transit isn't too bad a distance from the city taking the MAX - which is what we do these days (park it for free at Sunset and ride in).
I will keep that in mind! Although wifey probably gonna have more say on that end than myself…
I'm absolutely giddy about the train. Cuts my commute to a cool 30 min and I can read or play my switch.

You want me to apologize, I'd be more than happy to apologize when it's something to apologize for.. I was going with the flow of the thread, people do that here on this forum; you're gonna have to get used to it.
But nonetheless welcome, best of luck acclimating to the weather here.

You want me to apologize, I'd be more than happy to apologize when it's something to apologize for.. I was going with the flow of the thread, people do that here on this forum; you're gonna have to get used to it.
But nonetheless welcome, best of luck acclimating to the weather here.
You're the only one here going out of their way to not say hello and be quite rude, so doesn't look to be the normal response to an introduction thread to me.

Howdy (that's how old people from Puyallup, WA, say hello up here), and glad you found us :)

The best long range club to practice is Douglas Ridge over near Estacada, with up to 1,000 yards, and hand gun steel to shoot, skeet/trap, and an archery range. I live near Tigard and believe Douglas is by far the best rifle range in the greater PDX area. It's a membership non-profit club and takes only about a month to get in an orientation class.

As to Mex food…there are a few dinner places south of Beaverton that are ok but nothing like I had in Brownsville and Las Cruces, once upon a time.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top