JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was Springer fishing one morning on the Willamette River right below the Clackamas River in a large hog line when one of the boats went out of line with a salmon.
A guy trolling in a 14" boat zooms up river and tries to troll in the slot that was just vacated by the guy drifting down river.
The back bouncers 2 cycle motor was smoking a lot of oil and stunk something terrible, so a guy in the hog line told him to please get out of there and fish someplace else, but he didn't budge so the guy that asked him to leave tossed a bucket of popcorn up in the air and half of it fell into the trollers boat.
You couldn't believe how fast and how many seagulls swooped down on the popcorn from seemingly out of nowhere.
He didn't stick around for long and boy do they leave a mess.

I had one take my herring salmon fishing and it got hooked. Trying to reel in a bird is a totally different experience than reeling in a fish. I was just trying to get him in close enough to cut the line between my herring dodger and the double hook herring rig. I used to tie all my own hooks so no big loss there but didn't want to loose the herring dodger and mooching weight. Finally got the seagull in close enough to do it but what a battle.

I had one take my herring salmon fishing and it got hooked. Trying to reel in a bird is a totally different experience than reeling in a fish. I was just trying to get him in close enough to cut the line between my herring dodger and the double hook herring rig. I used to tie all my own hooks so no big loss there but didn't want to loose the herring dodger and mooching weight. Finally got the seagull in close enough to do it but what a battle.

I caught a duck once. Nothing like flailing around in a small boat with an angry bull mallard on light fishing tackle. Its like trying to swat a bee the size of a, well, duck.

I saw this seagull outside of my hooch this morning. IMG_0887.JPG

Yes.

I used to have a hatchback pinto but i needed more room.

My son was given a 64 1/2 Mustang and the floor of the trunk was the top of the gas tank. Not one of Fords better ideas. We had to add the retro kit to add some sheet metal to create a trunk floor. Yeah, about 18 gauge sheet metal. I threw that away and added some good flat diamond plate. The guy he sold it to complained about that, I said fine take it out it is your car now.

I was Springer fishing one morning on the Willamette River right below the Clackamas River in a large hog line when one of the boats went out of line with a salmon.
A guy trolling in a 14" boat zooms up river and tries to troll in the slot that was just vacated by the guy drifting down river.
The back bouncers 2 cycle motor was smoking a lot of oil and stunk something terrible, so a guy in the hog line told him to please get out of there and fish someplace else, but he didn't budge so the guy that asked him to leave tossed a bucket of popcorn up in the air and half of it fell into the trollers boat.
You couldn't believe how fast and how many seagulls swooped down on the popcorn from seemingly out of nowhere.
He didn't stick around for long and boy do they leave a mess.

I'd always heard that's what you did when someone dropped the hook to close below you. I haven't fished salmon hog line up in the OC area for more than 20 years so haven't had the need for the technique.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top