1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

How to modify Uzi mag's?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by veloracer01, Nov 9, 2009.

1. veloracer01

veloracer01 Beaverton, OR New Member

Hopefully some of you folks can help me out with this. I am building up a 9mm AR rifle. Its a Rock River platform which takes from what I am told modified Uzi mag's. Two questions on this: 1. How/What do you need to do to modify an uzi mag to work in this setup. 2. Will Colt style mags work here instead of modified Uzi mags. I'm seeing C-Products Colt style mags for nearly the same price as Uzi mags...unless someone has a great place to find modified Uzi mags other than Gunbroker.com

2. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

The Colt style mags ARE modified Uzi mags, or at least the same design with the different feed lips. I have seen the mods it takes (not much) but can't remember where. I played it safe and went with what I KNEW would work, MetalForm mags. I guess if you wanted cheap mags you could buy a CProducts or Metalform mag and then modify the Uzi Mags using the other mag as a template.

You could also buy these.:winkkiss: