JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i have built an AR-15 before but it seems a little more tricky to get the parts to assemble an AK-47. Is it the same process? Just grab all the parts and assemble? Some videos seemed to involve machine work which i do not have access to.

If so does anyone have a parts list and recommended manufactures? A YouTube video would be good too :D

It is much more involved. You will need a press, jigs, rivet squeezer and the correct rivets for the type of AK and the correct location on the receiver. There is also the issue of getting a barrel now that the dooshnozzels at BATFinks decided the world would be safer if the imported barrels be cut in half and rendered useless.

The other big hurdle is milling in the barrel cross pin and FsB/GB pin slots...good luck with that.

....but then again, maybe you can find an old kit from $omeone'$ $tash having the original barrel intact.

They sell new kits? Just looking to get my hands on a simple AK-47 really and figured assembling would be fun. Not sure if you can mix n math like AR platforms.

They sell new kits? Just looking to get my hands on a simple AK-47 really and figured assembling would be fun. Not sure if you can mix n math like AR platforms.
Completely different animals to build. No slip in parts. All manual labor.

One of my builds.

image.jpg image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class