JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey guys,

My dad has a 870 Wingmaster that he got from is father several years ago.
He thinks his dad bought it in the late 50's or 60's but does know for sure and my grandpa is in his 80's and in poor health so getting info from him is not possible.
My dad was curious when it was made, but I have no clue. I told him I would try and ask around here.
It's a 12ga. shoots 2 3/4 shells and has a 30 inch barrel I think?
Anyway, any info I could get would be great! Here are some pics:

picturemix033.th.jpg
picturemix018.th.jpg
picturemix020.th.jpg
picturemix018.th.jpg

What I could find on the Web is that Remington stamped a two letter date code on the left side of the barrel near the receiver.I couldn't make it out since your photo is a little blurry on that shot. First letter corresponds to month,second letter the year.This code system is more accurate for rifle barrels than it is for shotgun barrels since it is easier to swap out shotgun barrels. As far as serial numbers go,you can email Remington with all the info you have, model#,serial#,etc. Here is their email address, [email protected] You can also call them at 1-800-243-9700 and give them the same info and they'll find out for you.

Found someone on the Web who had a Remington 870 that had a ZZ code on the barrel and a serial# 259XXX-V. Said his grandfather bought it in 1953. Yours should be around the same time frame. That's one "mature" shotgun! Considering that the 870 came out in 1950, yours is one of the earlier ones. That's a nice family treasure.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top