JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was going to use regular Flitz, which has no bad-for-brass ammonia in it, but saw they make a tumbling specific formula. Anyone have experience with it?

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 10.40.55 PM.png

Back before stainless pins, I used this. It helped keep down the dust. I think that was about the only reason for using it.

The no build up part is false, I'd totally get clumps.

I haven't used it since I got the sonic cleaner, but it did work well enough. I do remember getting some clumps as well, I may have added too much though.
What cleaning solution do you use and what unit did you get? I got a 2 quart chinese one that I haven't used on brass or guns yet. I'm askeered of hurting alloy guns with it.. was thinking diesel fuel.

Oh darn, shoulda read more of the thread..

What cleaning solution do you use and what unit did you get? I got a 2 quart chinese one that I haven't used on brass or guns yet. I'm askeered of hurting alloy guns with it.. was thinking diesel fuel.

Oh darn, shoulda read more of the thread..
I can't remember the brand, something I found on Amazooon a few years ago. I'll dig it out if you're really interested.

I use Simple Green. If something can't be cleaned with Simple Green or WD40, it can just stay dirty!

Whatever you use, be absolutely certain that it does not contain ammonia. BRASSO contains ammonia. And, while it produces a beautiful finish, the ammonia causes a chemical change which leads to a humidity-driven loss of copper from the brass and subsequent stress cracks. Historically, it has been called season cracking.

The Brits had quite a problem with this during their forays in India - the reason being detailed below.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top