JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To keep it brief, I was notified suddenly yesterday that an M1 Garand I sent in paperwork for last fall was shipped overnight and will be arriving within the hour. The cost was $750 for the rifle and looking at shipping rates, it was possibly $300 to ship. Are they .gov funded? Do they rely that much on donations? I would have thought it was gonna come via horse and carriage.....

I also think it's interesting they overnight by Fedex. After waiting 4-months, what's another week? As a satisfied customer of CMP I'm certainly not complaining... but I do wonder how this pencils out.

Picked it up and brought it home. With the case and goodies, it really is a fantastic value. Nice March surprise

I also think it's interesting they overnight by Fedex. After waiting 4-months, what's another week? As a satisfied customer of CMP I'm certainly not complaining... but I do wonder how this pencils out.
The less time it spends in shipping the less time there is for someone to snatch it. I think that's also the rationale behind some firearm shipping requirements.

Big companies get big discounts on shipping. I have UPS and FedEx accounts through work, and am always amazed at the cheap rates when I overnight something cross country.

I recently bought some brass from another member here, about a hundred miles south of me. I just made a shipping label through my work account (paid for it myself, of course), and sent it to him to use to send me the brass. Shipping cost for a 25 pound box? $5.99

That was UPS Ground, but it's hardly worth driving across town for that price.

Every time I read about someone getting a CMP M1, I get this silly thought in my mind that I should get another one myself. Then I remind myself that I really need to decrease, not increase. Besides, I already have, uh, more than one... :oops:

What I really wish I had done is to have bought one of the Italian return M1 Carbines when they had them a decade or so ago. Those were nice, and they were selling them for something like $450. I just couldn't justify spending the money at the time.

There's just something about the old Garand. Maybe it's just nostalgia, and remembering my WWII veteran grandfather talk about them when I was little. There just seems to be something special about those old rifles. For a rifle that was first adopted 85 years ago, it could still hold it's own today if it had to.

It didn't seem that long ago, though in reality it was probably more like 8 yrs, when a forum buddy and
I pooled our piggy banks and ordered 30k of 22LR from CMP for something low (now) like $600 shipped.
Right place, right time.

I'll have to get better pictures in sunlight. I have a poorly lit home but here's the basics

KIMG0881.JPG KIMG0880.JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads