JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've only been on NWFA for a few months now so I don't know if it's just bad luck or what but it seems like for every 1 responsive/polite person I interact with there are 3 or 4 flakes. For those that have been on here for awhile, is there any way to make other people on the forum aware of who the flakes are without them going on your profile and leaving undeserved negative feedback as retribution?

You will discover that there will be some folks that respond in an unkind manner no matter how your issue,question,opinion, whatever, is stated. That's life in here, where anonymous folks can trash your thread without much in the way of consequence. Ya can't fix stupid...just be your thoughtful well spoken self and let the trash talk flow into the gutter where it belongs.

Welcome to the internets.

I have found that the best way to deal with people you don't like on the internet is to ignore them.

I sometimes make a good faith effort to be nice to them, and engage them in logical polite discourse while still maintaining my viewpoint, but most simply do not wish to be polite and logical back, so they go on ignore.

Often a forum will have some mechanism to add forum members to an ignore list. This one does also; you go to their profile and there is a selection for that purpose. Their posts and threads then are replaced with a notice that they are on your ignore list.

3-1/2" barrel. It's a heavy little piece of work for it's size, that's why I never carried it. I never found a comfortable holster.
PM coming your way.

Here is the secret of life; realize there are idiots in this world, ignore them, and more on with your life. It works for all factions of life. No matter where you are, there will be idiots surrounding you. The best thing to do is ignore them and move on.

Maybe I've been really lucky, but I've been on NWF for a year or so and every person I've dealt with has been on time, courteous and treated me well. If you read the other person's feedback and maybe even go back through some of their recent posts, you can get an idea of what kind of person they are. Try to have good communication. Confirm times and places. Exchange cell phone numbers so if you're going to be late you can let them know, etc.

Also: in the Lower Left Corner, of ~every post~ In every thread, there is a small triangle symbol, icon.

If you click that, on a POST that is offensive to you, (read the post script on the "new page", then write in symple terms why it bothers you.

The Moderators may, or may not, agree with you, and if they agree with you, they will edit or even completely remove the post! The Moderators will probably not respond back to you, so do not expect that....

NOTICE! It should not be ~overused~ But it is there, so YOU do not have to respond to the idiocy of the poster.

Also, you may need to grow thicker skin, sort of like armor.... That helps bunches when the Trolls belch Fire at you... You don't get a bad burn thata way!

philip,
who tries to have calusus' on his calused skin.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top