JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just put a volquartsen trigger and barrel in a 10/22 receiver I purchased. It has a Viton buffer to help with noise and I will have a dedicated suppressor for it in the future. Nikon p-rimfire 4-12 for scope. Finished putting together today.

I have a ruger charger that I put a volquartsen trigger on it and a silencerco micro osprey. I am debating the Kidd barrel in either 10 or 6 inch. It is braced with a pmaca chasis on its way. (red anodized as is the volquartsen trigger) Without a barrel change I can shoot at 50 yards 50 rounds make a quarter sized group, What kind of upgrade would I notice? This has a nikon p-rimfire 3-9

Any must haves? I am adding the viton buffer when I swap out the chassis on the charger

auto bolt release, extended mag release,(maybe the volquartson already has these), larger charging knob. ive heard of guys drillin a hole in the rear of the receiver to be able to stick a cleaning rod thru the chamber side of the barrel

I hit steel at 100 6x10" plate 25/25 rounds with a 4.5"

It's more of a preference, but if you have ever tried the Kidd trigger, I feel it is better than the V guys.

5012979e-9164-4b91-9c87-5f94cb2a514e-jpeg.jpg

I installed a KIDD extractor on my 10/22 about 5 weeks ago, after having a lot of problems with my stock Ruger extractor, during a Rimfire event. It was getting bad, maybe 1-2 FTEs every other magazine.

Happy to report that between practicing and the Rimfire event my wife and I participated in yesterday, that I've run over 1500 rounds without one single failure to eject. :cool:

I'll be installing KIDD extractor on all of my future .22 projects.

My new 10/22 is a KIDD with sleeved aluminum barrel from Tactical solutions. It also has a volquartsen trigger. Nice light weight little work horse.

I just can't say enough good about these barrels.

Picked it up here on the forum. :s0155:

IMG_0759 (2).JPG

Have can. (Waiting on 2 more actually) I am unsure of the SBR with the shockwave brace. The handle and chassis for the charger are set to arrive today. I will take photos in all it's gaudiness when assembled. I am thinking 6 inch Kidd barrel to keep more rounds subsonic. Per bbti, quite a few are subsonic out of a 6 inch.

So, nothing really special here... just a charger with some polishing on the trigger group, dremel work on the bolt catch, Copper Customs adapter, pistol buffer, shockwave blade and a utg bugbuster optic. Yet so much love for this little guy!

It all started with a $50 gift card to the local gun store!

20180411_120456.jpg

If The barrel was flush to the receiver how would the silencer look with the flow of the receiver?

probably better. I don't think the kidd 6 inch barrel I am considering is flush. Aesthetically it would look better. It would also fit in cases better. And I may still form 1 this as an SBR and but a real stock on it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top