JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone got a contact email for hornady? I can only find a phone number but id like so send some pics along. Im having a problem with some xtp projectiles I just bought! Its a quality control issue.

20210418_205858.jpg

On this page there's a link to product support with a form to fill out and "send".
Then they'll contact you I 'spose.

Now I see. Not sure it's a problem if the cannelure can still be used. Worth talking about, though.

Agreed. I'd be more concerned of diameter and weight. But then.....I had bought a used Hornady die set in .38 sp/.357 mag that ended up with that little hole the retainer spring thing for the plunger on the seating die fits in had worn egg-shaped. It allowed the seater plunger to come out partially and bind. I needed a new seat/crimp die because that little hole wore. Hornady charged me close to the price of a whole new die set. I didn't think that one out. :oops: considering that, OP oughta get free bullets!

Most my dies are Hornady, but RCBS service is the best!

I could use them yes. I could seat them deeper yes. But its a problem when loading full power compressed loads. And i shouldnt have to go through the boxes and sort out "the bad ones". I loaded over 1000 of those before and never had that issue!

They weren't factory seconds were they? I've purchased lots labeled as such before and they had either poor canalures or clogged hollow points.

Nope, regular store bought from sportsmans.
That's a bit concerning. As I would think the fact they have factory seconds means their quality control is pretty decent.

High demand though, might be adding to the slippage of quality.

Not trying to justify or anything. Just curious.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top