JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$79
Manufacturer
Hornady
Caliber
500 S&W Magnum
City
Salem
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I recently ordered 2 boxes of .50 caliber hornady 350gr xtp hp bullets (bullets only) for reloading ammunition for my 50ae desert eagle. Unfortunately upon opening the box they shipped in I found that the box indicated they are meant for a 500 S&W not a 50 ae. The website had been unclear about that and had them listed as .50 caliber pistol bullets. I checked with hornady and they confirmed they are not meant for my gun despite being the same diameter. They were $92 for the 2 boxes they remain in the unopened plastic inside the boxes brand new. I would trade for reloading supplies including 50ae, 44 mag, 45acp,357 mag bullets or large pistol primers, h110, bullseye or unique powder. Ammunition for any listed calibers as well as 22 and 30-06. Desert Eagle 50ae or 1911 magazines or desert Eagle holster. Might be interested in other things firearms related. Trades should be comparable in value or cash or other trade stock to make up the difference. In the event you have something more valuable that I want I may decide to throw in some cash to even the trade. Cash price I'm asking is $79. Trade value $92. Thanks.You can reach me through pm or call or text me at 15038518607

0924A516-6FF1-463F-A8DF-EE2ED770DEBA.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
That's a great question. I did try to research it some but there's no loading data from hornady or the reloading books available to me on bullets with a weight over 325gr for a 50ae and these are 350gr so not something I want to guess at. They have a Cannelure groove which the guy at hornady seemed to think might crimp the round to tight to fire properly in my Desert Eagle. Lastly I am concerned the bullet might protrude to much out of the shell for it to be able to fit in the magazine. Not saying a guy with the right know how couldn't make it work. Just don't want to take unnecessary risks myself. Especially with a hand cannon of this size. Thanks for asking.

That's a great question. I did try to research it some but there's no loading data from hornady or the reloading books available to me on bullets with a weight over 325gr for a 50ae and these are 350gr so not something I want to guess at. They have a Cannelure groove which the guy at hornady seemed to think might crimp the round to tight to fire properly in my Desert Eagle. Lastly I am concerned the bullet might protrude to much out of the shell for it to be able to fit in the magazine. Not saying a guy with the right know how couldn't make it work. Just don't want to take unnecessary risks myself. Especially with a hand cannon of this size. Thanks for asking.
Sent you a pm.

Unless you want to send them at absolute maximum pressure, I bet someone on here could give you some usable data from quickload. You'd want to just ignore the cannelure as it's probably not in the right place for your cartridge. Also, your cartridge probably head spaces on the case mouth so you wouldn't want to crimp it.

Bryan

Thanks man. I appreciate that and I might have been able to make it work but I would just rather deal with something I have the exact specs on it. Thanks again.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top