JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Guys, my Dad gave me a flintlock kit rifle he was given for Christmas in the mid-late 1970's. He built it and used it as a wall hanger until he gave it to me.

The kit either came with sites and my dad lost them or it didn't come with the sites, which I have heard a lot of these kit rifles sometimes showed up missing the smaller parts. Anyway, I would like to find some sites, and shoot this thing with my brother just for kicks and to tell dad how it worked.

It's hard to find really any info on this gun as far as pics, where it came from. (says Spain in barrel) I have heard Numerich sold a lot of these, but so for have found nothing.

Don't really care if I find the exact sites it came with, since it's just a kit rifle, but would like to keep it period correct if possible.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies if I put this in the wrong forum here. Tried to upload a couple pics but received error message, so I attached them, hope that works.

Thanks, Southpaw

IMG_4302.JPG IMG_4303.JPG

Hopkins & Allen made some decent guns.
As for sights , is your barrel cut for the sights or will you need to do that?

If it was my rifle I'd check out either Track of the Wolf or The GunWorks and order whatever sight suits your fancy.
I like a large silver front sight with a copper base.
You can shape the sight to suit your shooting and file down as needed.
For a rear sight I like a fixed "semi-buckhorn" style.

If you run into trouble or have questions about the rifle or loading , let me know.
I love shooting and tinkering with muzzleloaders.
Also if worst comes to worst I have extra sights both store bought and made by hand , For a small fee , I'll hook you up with a pair of sights ...
Andy

Hopkins & Allen made some decent guns.
As for sights , is your barrel cut for the sights or will you need to do that?

If it was my rifle I'd check out either Track of the Wolf or The GunWorks and order whatever sight suits your fancy.
I like a large silver front sight with a copper base.
You can shape the sight to suit your shooting and file down as needed.
For a rear sight I like a fixed "semi-buckhorn" style.

If you run into trouble or have questions about the rifle or loading , let me know.
I love shooting and tinkering with muzzleloaders.
Also if worst comes to worst I have extra sights both store bought and made by hand , For a small fee , I'll hook you up with a pair of sights ...
Andy

Hey thanks Andy,

Yeah the barrel is notched, I'll check out the websites and see if I can find something that will work.

Thanks for the offer of helping me get this thing into shooting shape. I will definitely have questions about flint, powder, balls and the like once I get some sights on it and get ready to shoot. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top