JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wellllll? Don't leave us hanging. Did you fire one out while employing the shrubbery for cover, or did you rule your kingdom from the plastic throne?

The last honey bucket/ portapot of any kind that I recall seeing on a trailer, was with the county roadside clean up crew as I drove past.
You probably don't want to take your gun along on one of those sort of things.

The last honey bucket/ portapot of any kind that I recall seeing on a trailer, was with the county roadside clean up crew as I drove past.
You probably don't want to take your gun along on one of those sort of things.

Totally off topic, but this reminds me of an awful story. My father used to work for Benchmade, many moons ago. He saved for himself one of the first 9050AFOs off the production line, and gave it to me. My father and I have always been very distant... and just like when I was a little boy, desperate for my fathers approval and affection and never feeling like I had either, I was sort of emotionally attached to the thing. I carried it daily for years, beat it to hell, and it just kept right on swinging out like a champ any time I needed it. One day, my truck broke down... some problem with some wiring that I was able to fix. During the repair, in which the knife was used, I was distracted, and set the knife down under the hood. Some time later, I close the hood and drive away. Fast forward 2 hours, I'm doing 80 down i205 south of West Linn, and I see something fly off my truck somewhere, and hit the dust next to the freeway. I think to myself, "I hope that wasn't anything importante." I get home in Hillsboro, do my normal ritual stripping watch, wallet, knife, keys from myself..... knife? Where..... OH NO! That's what flew off my truck!

Well it's a couple days till I can get back over to that part of town to look for it. I have a pretty good idea right where it fell- if I park the truck and start walking, I think I can probably locate it in about a 200' stretch of highway. I come screaming down i205, and what do I see? Clackamas County work crews right there cleaning up that part of the highway. Well sonuvabubblegum, those guys will get it for sure! I have to drive all the way into West Linn again before I can get going the direction on the highway to pull off and maybe go talk to the work crew sergeant.... but my truck decides to die AGAIN a few miles down the road. I spend the rest of the day rewiring my engine compartment, and by the time she's road worthy again, it's like 10pm and the crew is long gone, and I know there's no way I'm going to be getting my knife back today.

Well I have to work, now.. and being a poor roofer that works 80 hours a week and gets 8mpg to boot, AND being pretty dang sure that knife wasn't even there anymore, I just gave up on the whole notion. It's gone, forget about it. Then... for some reason... about 31, or maybe it was 61, days later, I'm thinking about the issue, and I think to myself that it's pretty stupid that I didn't call the Sheriff's office and tell them, just for the safety of jail staff, that one of their inmates might have found a pocket knife on the side of the road. THEN it occurs to me that maybe one of them found it, turned it in, and it's sitting in lost-and-found! So I call, get transfered around for a while, then I finally get a guy who's in charge of lost and found for the sheriff's office... he asks me when it was, and then informs me that they DO keep such things, but that knives and guns and things are destroyed if not claimed after 30 or 60 days... I can't remember which it was... and he checks the computer and sees that a knife was destroyed the day before. He says he can't know if it was my knife or not... it's just labeled, "knife, pocket, Benchmade."

FU**...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads