JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any guys on here brewing their own adult beverages at home? It's been something I've been interested in for a while so yesterday I decided to say screw it and try it out. For now just using a 6 gallon HDPE bucket to ferment in... Nothing fancy. :D

First recipe I'm trying out is a rather simple American Pale Ale. 5 gallon batch. If it turns out good I'm naming it Paul Revere's Ride.

nCpSxEa.jpg

oD9Qd2S.jpg

ygAqdEu.jpg

It's been several years since I've brewed. I started out fairly simple and soon went nuts on equipment and styles. I didn't realize I had so much equipment until we moved last summer. Now that I've got a shop I may need to get the keezer (freezer turned keg dispenser) fired back up. The leap from extract into all grain is greatly rewarded in flavor options. Have fun!

I'm a homebrewer as well. Started when I turned "of age" along with my buddy in his tiny apartment kitchen. My how things have changed since then. Probably couldn't fit all my gear into a space the size of that apartment nowadays.

I brew beer, cider, and mead, but want to try my hand at distillation someday.

I homebrewed for a good bit and got out of it. Thinking of making a return. I fell deep enough into the hobby that I got my BJCP card.

First advice: sanitize, then sanitize some more. Everything! Making and drinking gushers is no fun.

Second advice: you are brewing indoors. Get yourself an outdoor burner like a crab cooker. It heats up quicker and when those inevitable boil overs occur it's easier to hose down concrete than your stovetop!

Third advice: Get an immersion chiller to hasten the time spent in a "danger zone" from hot wort which is relatively safe from "infection" to when you can safely pitch yeast which will become the dominant culture.

Fourth advice if you really want to get better: Submit your beers to local BJCP competitions. You will get honest feedback on what you are producing. Not the buddy or neighbor who just wants a free beer and doesn't want to hurt your feelings.

Best of luck and happy brewing!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads