JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mitch Greenlick just put forth an even more draconian ban bill today. This thing is more restricitive than california. I sh_t you not.

<broken link removed>

Here are the highlights:
Creates crime of unlawful possession or transfer of assault weapon or large capacity magazine.
Punishes by maximum penalty of 10 years’ imprisonment, $250,000 fine, or both.
Requires current owners to dispose of or register assault weapons and large capacity magazines.
Directs Department of State Police to conduct background checks and maintain registry of as-
sault weapons and large capacity magazines.
Declares emergency, effective on passage.

So anything with a detachable magazine or internal magazine greater than 10 is an "assault weapon". So a semi auto hand-gun would be an assault weapon. See below.

Get geared up and start calling your representatives on this one.

More:
(1)(a) "Assault weapon" means any:
(A) Semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has
one or more of the following:
(i) A pistol grip or thumbhole stock;
(ii) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger
hand;
(iii) A folding or telescoping stock; or
(iv) A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel,
allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but
excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;
(B) Semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed
magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
(C) Semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has
one of more of the following:
(i) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger
hand;
(ii) A folding, telescoping or thumbhole stock;
(iii) A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel,
allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but
excluding a slide that encloses the barrel; or
(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at any location outside of the pistol
grip;
NOTE: Matter in boldfaced type in an amended section is new; matter [italic and bracketed] is existing law to be omitted.
New sections are in boldfaced type.
LC 3018
HB 3200
(D) Semiautomatic shotgun that has one or more of the following:
(i) A pistol grip or thumbhole stock;
(ii) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger
hand;
(iii) A folding or telescoping stock;
(iv) A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; or
(v) An ability to accept a detachable magazine;
(E) Shotgun with a revolving cylinder; and
(F) Conversion kit, part or combination of parts from which an assault weapon can be
assembled if those parts are in the possession or under control of the same person.

I don't live in Oregon, but I wonder: Why do Democrats want women physically vulnerable and unable to defend themselves? Why do they want to take our Great Equalizer away, or limit its effectiveness so severely?

These people scare me far more than any gun owner I've ever crossed paths with.

because we are dealing with idiot dogooders who really just dont get it and dont want to,they are the ones who live in there liberal bubble,with ideas of what sounds good to them, and dont care what the reallity is because they ignore it. they are the very people who we should fear and warn our children about!!!! i think god is mad at america.

I like (1)(a)(A)(iv), because it includes every single "traditional" semi-auto hunting-style rifle, as the stock usually extends past the receiver underneath the barrel, meaning it also serves as a shroud (and 'shroud' means "something that covers, screens or guards", what the forward part of the stock also does against a hot barrel), allowing the user to hold the rifle with the non-trigger hand and it protects said hand from barrel heat.

(1)(a)(C)(iii) may even include the frame/receiver of a pistol, as it's not the slide.

Yes people, disarming is the goal.

Sorry for y'all, I guess it will be here next!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr fnin grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I wonder how many of these bill writers would fall over dead if they could smell the amount of BS they pack into thier bills, I know it has floored a bunch of us.

take a look at this..

<broken link removed>

look at this check 636

<broken link removed>

On the first link, can you help us out here a little with a date, or are you saying that a hearing for 3200 is on the schedule? On the second, that one warrants a letter or email to the judiciary committee members. It looks like a backdoor attempt to make threatening the elite a double crime.

Lovely.

(4) A person may not register more than one assault weapon and three large capacity
magazines under this section. Additional assault weapons and large capacity magazines must
be disposed of in the manner specified in section 3 of this 2013 Act.

(b) Allow an inspector from the department to inspect the storage of assault weapons
and large capacity magazines to ensure compliance with this subsection;

(B) Semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed
magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;

I guess that makes a classic M63 Winchester an EEEE-VIL assault rifle. They attack semi-autos because that is the action type common to rifles, pistols, and shotguns.

Mitch Greenlick just put forth an even more draconian ban bill today. This thing is more restricitive than california. I sh_t you not.

<broken link removed>

Here are the highlights:
Creates crime of unlawful possession or transfer of assault weapon or large capacity magazine.
Punishes by maximum penalty of 10 years' imprisonment, $250,000 fine, or both.
Requires current owners to dispose of or register assault weapons and large capacity magazines.
Directs Department of State Police to conduct background checks and maintain registry of as-
sault weapons and large capacity magazines.
Declares emergency, effective on passage.

Does a day late and a dollar short mean anything to you?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top