Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Holy Sh_t, its back! OR HB 3200

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by blankman32k, Mar 15, 2013.

1. blankman32k

blankman32k Peoples Republic of PDX Member

Mitch Greenlick just put forth an even more draconian ban bill today. This thing is more restricitive than california. I sh_t you not.

http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpdf/hb3200.dir/hb3200.intro.pdf

Here are the highlights:
    Creates crime of unlawful possession or transfer of assault weapon or large capacity magazine.
    Punishes by maximum penalty of 10 years’ imprisonment, $250,000 fine, or both.
    Requires current owners to dispose of or register assault weapons and large capacity magazines.
    Directs Department of State Police to conduct background checks and maintain registry of as-
    sault weapons and large capacity magazines.
    Declares emergency, effective on passage.

2. blankman32k

So anything with a detachable magazine or internal magazine greater than 10 is an "assault weapon". So a semi auto hand-gun would be an assault weapon. See below.

Get geared up and start calling your representatives on this one.

More:
    (1)(a) “Assault weapon” means any:
    (A) Semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has
    one or more of the following:
    (i) A pistol grip or thumbhole stock;
    (ii) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger
    hand;
    (iii) A folding or telescoping stock; or
    (iv) A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel,
    allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but
    excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;
    (B) Semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed
    magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
    (C) Semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has
    one of more of the following:
    (i) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger
    hand;
    (ii) A folding, telescoping or thumbhole stock;
    (iii) A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel,
    allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but
    excluding a slide that encloses the barrel; or
    (iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at any location outside of the pistol
    grip;
    NOTE: Matter in boldfaced type in an amended section is new; matter [italic and bracketed] is existing law to be omitted.
    New sections are in boldfaced type.
    LC 3018
    HB 3200
    (D) Semiautomatic shotgun that has one or more of the following:
    (i) A pistol grip or thumbhole stock;
    (ii) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger
    hand;
    (iii) A folding or telescoping stock;
    (iv) A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; or
    (v) An ability to accept a detachable magazine;
    (E) Shotgun with a revolving cylinder; and
    (F) Conversion kit, part or combination of parts from which an assault weapon can be
    assembled if those parts are in the possession or under control of the same person.

3. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? It's the same bill he introduced last month.

4. ConcealedCarrie

ConcealedCarrie People's Republic of Washington Member

I don't live in Oregon, but I wonder: Why do Democrats want women physically vulnerable and unable to defend themselves? Why do they want to take our Great Equalizer away, or limit its effectiveness so severely?

These people scare me far more than any gun owner I've ever crossed paths with.

quesodilla and (deleted member) like this.
  5. deann

deann oregon Active Member

because we are dealing with idiot dogooders who really just dont get it and dont want to,they are the ones who live in there liberal bubble,with ideas of what sounds good to them, and dont care what the reallity is because they ignore it. they are the very people who we should fear and warn our children about!!!! i think god is mad at america.

6. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

have you ever tried to pry an AK-47 out of somebody's hands while they are shooting at you? They get nothing!

7. Botte Hork

Botte Hork Camas WA Well-Known Member

I like (1)(a)(A)(iv), because it includes every single "traditional" semi-auto hunting-style rifle, as the stock usually extends past the receiver underneath the barrel, meaning it also serves as a shroud (and 'shroud' means "something that covers, screens or guards", what the forward part of the stock also does against a hot barrel), allowing the user to hold the rifle with the non-trigger hand and it protects said hand from barrel heat.

(1)(a)(C)(iii) may even include the frame/receiver of a pistol, as it's not the slide.

Yes people, disarming is the goal.

8. mosinguy1

mosinguy1 out by the ocean Active Member

Sorry for y'all, I guess it will be here next!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr fnin grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I wonder how many of these bill writers would fall over dead if they could smell the amount of BS they pack into thier bills, I know it has floored a bunch of us.

9. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Are you sure, I saw nothing on OFFs site today about it being back?

10. dirtysteve

dirtysteve Lincoln City, OR Member

There is a sick part of me that would love to see what would happen if it passed!!
    How many people would consider this their line in the sand and go ape sh*t .....he he, good tv.

11. blankman32k

I was listening to the Bill Post Show and he was talking about it today. I started to look around and am wondering if it was a re-run and I am jumping the gun. I really hope I am. Sorry, if I did.

12. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

13. Rotty

Rotty Skagit County Active Member

Oh they would get something....they'd get ventilated.:laugh:

DemonNova and (deleted member) like this.
  14. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

On the first link, can you help us out here a little with a date, or are you saying that a hearing for 3200 is on the schedule? On the second, that one warrants a letter or email to the judiciary committee members. It looks like a backdoor attempt to make threatening the elite a double crime.

15. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

Where does it say that?? You need to read again.

16. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

Lovely.

17. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

(B) Semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed
    magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;

I guess that makes a classic M63 Winchester an EEEE-VIL assault rifle. They attack semi-autos because that is the action type common to rifles, pistols, and shotguns.

18. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Like I've said on this subject before... They're going to run out of cops/goons to enforce such facist crap.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  19. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

20. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member