JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bigger safe room. More comfortable for you & family, if needed.

Understand you are making a walk in safe. My point being, make it also a safe room.

Again tho, only if not already done/in progress.

-Sure, we don't get Tornados & such like other parts of the country do. But, who knows?? Plus could be other reasons for that type of safe room...

Bigger safe room. More comfortable for you & family, if needed.

Understand you are making a walk in safe. My point being, make it also a safe room.

Again tho, only if not already done/in progress.

-Sure, we don't get Tornados & such like other parts of the country do. But, who knows?? Plus could be other reasons for that type of safe room...
Ah!

No, not meant to be a survival bunker or anything like that. Just a decent sized walk-in gun room.

I've started it, but is pretty low priority to finish. Maybe this summer, we'll see. I have a cabin to build as well!

I will say I have areas earmarked for a wood shop, machine shop, blacksmith/fab shop and office. There may be shenanigans planned for things that involve combinations of the above.
In only 40x80? I have 40x60 for just shop and office, and it is crowded. The machine shop and wood shop are separate, (and not shared space) and I sometimes do fabrication in the main shop. I'm focusing on storage now to clear up some space. Metal cabinets and shelving. I have 23 foot eaves, so vertical space is available, but it is amazing how much vertical space has to be kept open for air circulation, overhead door operation, and distribution of light. Not to mention access for maintenance (changing light bulbs, cleaning/repairing/replacing wiring, plumbing, air lines, etc.) and improvements.

In only 40x80? I have 40x60 for just shop and office, and it is crowded. The machine shop and wood shop are separate, (and not shared space) and I sometimes do fabrication in the main shop. I'm focusing on storage now to clear up some space. Metal cabinets and shelving. I have 23 foot eaves, so vertical space is available, but it is amazing how much vertical space has to be kept open for air circulation, overhead door operation, and distribution of light. Not to mention access for maintenance (changing light bulbs, cleaning/repairing/replacing wiring, plumbing, air lines, etc.) and improvements.
I'm very efficient.

I learned long ago to separate machine shops from other areas. Same for wood shops. Fab work spreads contamination (from smoke, grinding sparks, etc.) and is a fire hazard if shared with wood or paint work. I do my fab work outside, if possible. Fortunately, I don't have to do much, and most of my welding is gas shielded MIG.

After sleeping on it, I decided to put off clearing my work bench and most of the stuff from a built in shelf assy and one other free standing shelf assy. Those two shelf units are filled mostly with reloading projectiles, which would most likely end up going back on the same shelves.

My focus today is to get living room cleared and the pistol cases put away. That will leave me with a few long guns that need to be secured and a few other misc items to donate, sell or toss.

Tomorrow I will clear laundry room and do lots of vacuuming in the house.

I decided to ditch firearm purchases and become a tote hoarder.

Scores from Goodwill and Home Depot.

1000002912.jpg

1000002916.jpg

1000002917.jpg

1000002928.jpg

I would like to thank all the well wishers, the haters and most of all Monster energy drinks and Totino's pizza for giving me the motivation to organize my hoard. I still have the pistol cases and a few misc items to take care of but the bulk of the work is done. Living room has been reclaimed.

I am going to clean myself up and make a giant plate of chicken nachos.

Any good deals in the classifieds?

View attachment 1854910

I would like to thank all the well wishers, the haters and most of all Monster energy drinks and Totino's pizza for giving me the motivation to organize my hoard. I still have the pistol cases and a few misc items to take care of but the bulk of the work is done. Living room has been reclaimed.

I am going to clean myself up and make a giant plate of chicken nachos.

Any good deals in the classifieds?
I found this, but passed on it.

Screen-Shot-2014-06-02-at-10.50.20-AM.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR