JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife tried to enter my safe space yesterday to look for potting soil. She was flabbergasted by my accumulation of treasures (aka a holy heck of a mess), I have acquired over the last 8 months or so. Of course, I blamed it on Reverend Nutters and the LEVO gang but she wasn't buying it.

Looks like I will be doing some summer cleaning and reorganization over the next month or so.

Before I start the cleaning process I am going to take a few days off from both jobs and get some r&r.

My plan is to advance the work on a few of my firearm projects (if I can unbury them) and see if they will function without blowing my appendages or face off.

There is little relief in sight from getting hours reduced from either job, so reorganization of safe space is going to be a drawn out process. I am going to have to get super creative in using every available cubic inch of area in my safe space.

She quickly gave up on looking for potting soil since she couldn't even swing the door open. šŸ˜ž

Last Edited:
I feel ya, but my safe space also has three dirt bikes and two street bikes stored in it, along with the myriad of tools and riding gear that go along with all that, in addition all the 2A stuff, a roto-casting machine that I built (now made obsolete by 3-D printing, and a vacuum former I built (also made obsolete by 3-D printing), etc, etc.

It's a delicately orchestrated symphony of destruction. :D

I feel ya, but my safe space also has three dirt bikes and two street bikes stored in it, along with the myriad of tools and riding gear that go along with all that, in addition all the 2A stuff, a roto-casting machine that I built (now made obsolete by 3-D printing, and a vacuum former I built (also made obsolete by 3-D printing), etc, etc.

It's a delicately orchestrated symphony of destruction. :D
My safe space is pretty small and can barely contain our single bicycle. If I had known the wife wanted potting soil, I would have bought her a new bag and my secret might have gone undiscovered for a while longer. Now she knows why the piles of 2A stuff are accumulating in the house again.

My safe space is pretty small and can barely contain our single bicycle. If I had known the wife wanted potting soil, I would have bought her a new bag and my secret might have gone undiscovered for a while longer. Now she knows why the piles of 2A stuff are accumulating in the house again.
Wives (good ones anyway) ALWAYS find things outā€¦. it's in their nature.

All my stuff is in my safe lol
My stuff would be too if I had a few of these.

1687962334192.png

We spent 2 1/2 days over the weekend moving my safe space to the shop in our new to us house. 8 trips, IIRC.

Rented a small u-haul box van, the 10' box. Easier to drive, and likely the only size which can make it up our new drive, other than a normal van/cargo van/transit van.

Recommend due to ease of driving, weight capacity & standing room inside while loading/unloading. If you have your own ramps, which we do.

It's super comforting to have ammunition & components to continue to enjoy freedom... Until you want to move...:D

Moving with your gun stuff...ugh.
When we moved...I packed all of my guns and related items in my truck...and had the movers , move the safe.
Got to our new place...and the safe only fit through one door of the house...:eek: :D

In regards to stuff / items / even guns....
It's only a good deal if you have a use for it...
And....
It is wise to be sure that you own your stuff...and that your stuff doesn't own you.
Andy

That fact that you felt the need to hide your hoard says a lot. Like you know it's a problem. Sounds like the alcoholic got caught taking a drink

That fact that you felt the need to hide your hoard says a lot. Like you know it's a problem. Sounds like the alcoholic got caught taking a drink
I am not sure I would call it hiding. I have a pile in the living room, pile in the dining area, pile in the spare bedroom and the treadmill is overloaded again. It's definitely a problem though, you are right about that.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews