Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

hmmmmmm

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by mcneal9926, Mar 8, 2013.

1. mcneal9926

mcneal9926 Oregon Active Member

Not one mention of the background check system being down? I figured the conspiracy theorists would be all over this one. Well done not giving it mention.

2. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Beaverton, OR Active Member

Was working yesterday, I got thru in about 30 mind. When did it go down, and how did you find that out?

3. mcneal9926

Northwest Armory posted it on facespace. It was also all over local news and their websites.

4. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

If this thread mentioned the site is down. It would get more atention than hmmmmmmmm.
    I could not take home a gun yesterday. It went down in the afternoon. Hope it comes back today.
    For Gods sake! What the heck are using the $10 we give them with every purchase for? More Art?

5. mcneal9926

I wasn't looking for huge response. Hmmm, was my thought on it. Just an observation, at least 2 people have been curious enough to look at the thread, good enough for me.

6. mcneal9926

Btw MEDIC, Northwest Armory posted it is back up. So you get to bring home your new toy.

7. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Well It's a topic I wanted to know about. I could just have started a redundant thread. No big deal.

8. mcneal9926

No offense intended.

9. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Beaverton, OR Active Member

Now THAT'S a good question! Almost 3 million BGCs run in February alone at $10 each, they should be able to afford to keep people around and have redundant backups so the system never goes down or becomes unusable.

10. BrentN

BrentN Kelso Active Member

Ah, the BGC cash is given to DHS to buy up all the ammo before it hits the shelves for the general public. How's that for a conspiracy theory?

11. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Were there 3 million BGC's in Oregon or the whole US? If it was only in Oregon then it's far less than 3 million. Some states like WA don't have a BGC other than the NICS one.