JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Taurus Raging Judge in 28 Gauge – More Information Pic @ link
<broken link removed>

Taurus released more information on the 28 gauge Raging Judge. The new revolver, announced just one day ahead of the 2011 SHOT Show, is a steel framed revolver with a DA/SA trigger. Along the left side of the barrel is “TAURUS JUDGE XXVIII.” The cylender is not fluted.

The Raging Judge in 28 gauge has a fiber optic front sight and will have a 6 1/2&#8243; barrel. The new Judge will be available in blued or matte stainless steel.

Overall length is 13 3/4&#8243; and the gun will weigh 67 ounces unloaded. As with other Taurus Raging Judge handguns, the grip has a red cushioned insert to help reduce recoil.

My guess is that they're circumventing AOW by using a rifled barrel.

But I wonder how long before the ATF decides to start cracking down, maybe when they come out with a 12ga version :D

Its not an AOW because it is rifled. Since it has a bore less then 0.50" it is not a DD. You will not see a 12ga pistol as having a bore over 0.50" and not being exempt as a "sporting firearm" will make it a DD.

Here is the link to what makes an NFA item an NFA item, <broken link removed>

Its not an AOW because it is rifled. Since it has a bore less then 0.50" it is not a DD. You will not see a 12ga pistol as having a bore over 0.50" and not being exempt as a "sporting firearm" will make it a DD.

I'm :confused: 28ga = .55" or 55 cal.

I'm :confused: 28ga = .55" or 55 cal.

Nice catch, I just assumed it was 0.50" or under. So apparently Taurus talked the .gov into the fact it is a "sporting firearm".........

From the link above,

2.1.8.2 Large caliber weapons. The second section of the definition states that any type of weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore diameter of more than one-half inch in diameter is a destructive device. This portion of the definition specifically excludes a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Attorney General finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes. ATF has issued rulings classifying specific shotguns as destructive devices because they have a bore of more than one half inch in diameter and were found to not be particularly suitable forfor sporting purposes.19

I don't think there is a threat that someone will carry it as a daily carry, course some redneck will somewhere. But damn that is like carrying a Draco pistol almost haha! Would be about as useful too I suppose, but nonetheless when are they selling them?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top