JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think this is a bit of a long shot, but I found out yesterday my Great-Grandfather owned French's Hardware in Hood River. He died before my mom was born, and I don't think they owned the store much after his death. I am trying to figure out where in the city it was as I'd like to find a picture of it and knowing what streets it was on would help. My guess is it was operation in the 40's and early 50's.

It's just shot in the dark, but I'd like to know more about my families history. Thanks.

If someone here doesn't know, might try the museum. <broken link removed>

If it was open later, my dad might have gone there. We stopped at every small hardware when I was younger so he could get ideas for his business.

If someone here doesn't know, might try the museum. <broken link removed>

If it was open later, my dad might have gone there. We stopped at every small hardware when I was younger so he could get ideas for his business.

I'll try the history museum for sure, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

I tried an image search on Google, but came up with nothing. I will contact Franz's Hardware and see if French's was at the same location. Thanks for the info.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top