Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Historic Hood River

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DieselScout, Oct 10, 2013.

1. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

I think this is a bit of a long shot, but I found out yesterday my Great-Grandfather owned French's Hardware in Hood River. He died before my mom was born, and I don't think they owned the store much after his death. I am trying to figure out where in the city it was as I'd like to find a picture of it and knowing what streets it was on would help. My guess is it was operation in the 40's and early 50's.

It's just shot in the dark, but I'd like to know more about my families history. Thanks.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

If someone here doesn't know, might try the museum. About The History Museum - Hood River County*

If it was open later, my dad might have gone there. We stopped at every small hardware when I was younger so he could get ideas for his business.

3. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Drew beat me to it.

4. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

5. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

I'll try the history museum for sure, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

I tried an image search on Google, but came up with nothing. I will contact Franz's Hardware and see if French's was at the same location. Thanks for the info.