JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A buddy of mine passed away a few months ago and his wife has put me in charge of selling off his guns.
She found an old revolver in the bottom of a shoe box the other day and handed it over to me.
It is a High Standard Sentinel MkII in .357 w/ a 6"bbl and fixed sights.
Other than the fact that it was made by Dan Wesson in the mid-'70's, and marketed by HS, I can find out very little about it's value or collectibility.
It is in reasonably good condition, a couple of small rust spots, and the general lack of polish and lubrication that one might expect in a handgun that hasn't been handled in 20 or so years...nothing that a little TLC can't fix.
Any thoughts?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319431670.668141.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319431698.656252.jpg

I have a thought. Take better pics so we can see it better, cause that looks like a nice gun.
I would get it as pristine as possible. i assume she "gave it to you" if she did, after cleaning and several hundred rounds of testing offer it back to her.
I would happy to have a DW. Most of them are good guns.

There was one listed recently on gunsamerica.com in really good condition.
It sold for $400. Because of the condition, the one you're asking about is probably in the neighborhood of $250-$300
You should go to a sporting goods store or to the auto dept in Walmart and buy a tube of Flitz buffing paste. Go over the gun gently and most, or possibly all of the rust spots should go away. Flitz can be used to polish a blued finish gun without wrecking it. Use a cotton ball or a well worn old cotton tee-shirt to buff with.

Remember, go slow, be gentle and deliberate, and it should clean and polish up very nicely. Then that $8 tube of Flitz will add another $50-75 to the value of the revolver.

Regards,
Gregory

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class