JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A buddy of mine passed away a few months ago and his wife has put me in charge of selling off his guns.
She found an old revolver in the bottom of a shoe box the other day and handed it over to me.
It is a High Standard Sentinel MkII in .357 w/ a 6"bbl and fixed sights.
Other than the fact that it was made by Dan Wesson in the mid-'70's, and marketed by HS, I can find out very little about it's value or collectibility.
It is in reasonably good condition, a couple of small rust spots, and the general lack of polish and lubrication that one might expect in a handgun that hasn't been handled in 20 or so years...nothing that a little TLC can't fix.
Any thoughts?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319431670.668141.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319431698.656252.jpg

I have a thought. Take better pics so we can see it better, cause that looks like a nice gun.
I would get it as pristine as possible. i assume she "gave it to you" if she did, after cleaning and several hundred rounds of testing offer it back to her.
I would happy to have a DW. Most of them are good guns.

There was one listed recently on gunsamerica.com in really good condition.
It sold for $400. Because of the condition, the one you're asking about is probably in the neighborhood of $250-$300
You should go to a sporting goods store or to the auto dept in Walmart and buy a tube of Flitz buffing paste. Go over the gun gently and most, or possibly all of the rust spots should go away. Flitz can be used to polish a blued finish gun without wrecking it. Use a cotton ball or a well worn old cotton tee-shirt to buff with.

Remember, go slow, be gentle and deliberate, and it should clean and polish up very nicely. Then that $8 tube of Flitz will add another $50-75 to the value of the revolver.

Regards,
Gregory

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews