JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i picked up a hi-standard model hd military 22lr.im not familiar with them at all but what i thought was broken safety is acually a broken take down lever.anybody know how i can get the slide off this gun to repair it and clean it up.its also missing the slide release mechanism.picked it up for a hundred bucks.still shoots but i would like to have it complete.on the bonus side though i picked up a 94 30-30 and marlin 336 30-30 all for 600 bucks.or does anybody know of anyone in washington who works on high standard,all my research shows they are a fun accurate little pistols with a 7 inch barrel it should kill some cans.

High Standard, Interarms & AMT
5151 Mitchelldale Street, B14
Houston, Texas 77092 USA

They have limited parts for this gun and might be able to help you, but you have to send it in to them for repair.

You can try some of these sources for parts. There were a lot of HDM's made so someone will have what you need. Finding parts for old pistols is sometimes a crapshoot. One vendor won't have parts today, but he might in three months. So keep checking back now and then if you don't want to give up on it.

http://www.histandard.info/manuals/parts/

Here are factory instruction giving you the basic idea of how to take it (somewhat) apart:

http://www.histandard.info/manuals/hampistols/1264D1200VP.pdf

These should help you get the slide off if nothing else. Then you can see what the deal is with the missing parts.

These references comes from John Stimson's site. You can poke around there for more info on any Hi Standard pistol.

Here are the parts breakdown from Numrich, and, as I mentioned, they don't (no surprise) have the Takedown Lever Assembly right now, and if they did, they are $35. I think plenty of guys must have reefed on them without bothering with the factory instruction. So this particular part must sell fast when they get a beater to part out. They do appear to have the slide lock button assembly, that is what you meant when you said "slide release mechanism".

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufac...AutoPistols-36540/HDMilitary-35016.htm?page=4

If you find the factory instructions inadequate and you want to go into much greater detail, you can get a pretty good video for $40 here:

http://www.americangunsmith.com/app/products/view/16/HI-Standard-Auto-Pistols

The video is older and the production quality isn't that great by today's standards, but I still managed to learn a lot from it.

It does go into a lot of detail. You will find that these pistols are really pretty complicated and tricky compared to other .22 autos and working on them can be challenging.

Last Edited:
OK thanks.haven't had time to mess with it much but I did get it apart the little handle on the takedown pin is spinning like it was brazed from the factory and the braze broke loose so I'm going to try to rebraze it if it don't hold I found one on Brownell's for $45.they are pretty complicated for what they are but I had fun learning how they work inside pretty neat gun.

Have you tried www.wisnersinc.com
They list a Take Down Lever Assy. part # 59AB for a High Standard HD, for $18

Oh, and silver solder, (really silver braze) will work better than regular old brass brazing rod.

It is a high temp silver brazing alloy, and there are several, depending on application.

Your local welding supply shop will have it, along with the correct flux.

Hope this helps.

Try AGI for a DVD on Disassembly Reassembly of the Hi-Standard...........It's an Armor Course show you some History, how it works and a different models too. Phone number is 1-800-979-0867
Tony Portland, Oregon Area
:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews