JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was born in Ireland and came to the USA when I was 2 years of age. I grew up and went to school in Philadelphia, Pa. The high school that my brother and I went to was named Father Judge RCHS which suffered the most deaths in Vietnam of any private or parochial school in the country. I've lived in Oregon since the 1990's, and in Depoe Bay since the year 2000. I am a combat veteran of the USMC (1966-67) where I served in "B" Co. of the 1st Battalion, 4th Marines, 3rd Mar Div along the DMZ where I was wounded twice. My twin brother Kevin, who recently passed away, served with the First Cavalry Division also from 1966 to 1967. At this stage of my life I am now planning/preparing to return/move back to my roots in western Ireland near Galway so I am in the process of selling most everything including all electronics as only 220-240 Volt items will work there, and of course all of our remaining weapons as none are allowed there, and our home which is just up the street from the Pacific Ocean. So I'll be listing what I have left shortly on this site (e.g. Brand New still in its original case from 1989 a Ruger P-85 9mm pistol with 2 fully loaded magazines, which has never been fired, along with a (NEW) Never Fired SPRINGFIELD ARMORY (MFG. BY SPRINGFIELD INC.) : SEMI-AUTO M1A National Match Rifle which was stored in a gun cabinet for more than 30 years. CONDITION: Excellent showing original and properly maintained. This fine rifle comes out of our private collection where it was stored in a gun cabinet and never fired. (Serial #016976). It is clean inside and out. The metal finish is completely original without issues, proper components internally. Includes the following accessories: Bi-Pod, Leather Sling, Scope, and Boyt Rifle Case along with USM8A1 Bayonet w/scabbard, 2-fully loaded 20 round magazines, 7- boxes of ammo and an extra (new) TRW National Match Breech Bolt #7790186 TRW ZA, a BNIB X Products X-14 50 Round High Capacity Coil Magazine System (7.62x51/.308 which fits all Mil Spec M1A and M14 Rifles. I also have 2 locking Rifle Cabinets for sale and many other shooters accessories etc. I'm currently treating for cancer so I'll be listing these things and much more soon. Sorry if I said too much as I'm not a regular at doing this stuff.

Welcome aboard 66-67 gyrene...

Born & raised in Oregon myself, 69-91 USMC, member Vietnam Vets of America, Beaver County, PA also in Echo 2/4 and several others...

Semper Fi...

Welcome to the forum from East Anglia [Eastern England]! As the president of the Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland [VCRAI.com] I can reliably inform you that although the laws in the Republic of Ireland are about as wacky as it's possible to be, unless you count those of Canada and the UK, you CAN have many kinds of firearm there. Admittedly you have to have proven residency, but you are, in spite of the intervening years, also a native-born citizen of the State. If you want to talk to me privately about this matter, please feel free to do so.

Fáilte chuig an bhfóram ó Oirthear na Sasana! Is mise an t-uachtarán ar an Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland [VCRAI.com]. Cé go bhfuil na dlíthe i bPoblacht na hÉireann chomh dian agus is féidir a bheith agat, is féidir leat go leor cineálacha arm tine a bheith ann. Glactar leis go gcaithfidh tú cónaitheacht a bheith agat, ach is saoránach a rugadh ó dhúchas in ainneoin na mblianta idirbheartaigh. Más mian leat labhairt liom go príobháideach faoin ábhar seo, bíodh leisce ort.

Galway is part of the Gaeltacht, BTW, although I'm sure you knew that... :)

tac

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class