JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a good concealed carry gun. Tried a S&W 642 Centennial .38 special with Crimson Trace & I hate it. I like the 9mm semi auto Glock & S&W, but have only rented them at the range. I want an easy pull & low recoil, any ideas?

Thanks

Welcome to the club! Someone foisted off a revolver on you, eh? Many people think of the little things as 'lady's guns'. Post your question over in the handgun section of the forum and you'll get loads of responses.

My wife has a 642 with laser grips that she bought for herself, but she likes her Taurus TCP .380 better. It doesn't kick as hard and it's very small and light to carry. The Ruger LCP is ever so slightly smaller and the S&W Bodyguard a bit bigger.

Welcome, Boot. One thing you might consider for concealability, if you will carry the gun on your hip, is the thickness of the slide. The 1911 style guns tend to be thinner. I have never measured, or fired, a Springfield 9 mm but I know the 1911 .45 ACP Springfields and Colts are under 1" thick (by "1911 style" I mean this as opposed to, say, this Springfield). The Glocks are quite a bit thicker than 1" and so is the Springfield at the latter link above. HTH

welcome to NWF ! well....it looks like your picking up some info already ! great people here to help ya out, and they come with info. ! now.... thats a plus in anybodys book..... enjoy yourself !!

steven

The tiny 2 inch barreled J frames are an experts weapon. Look into one with a 3 inch heavy barrel, or a nice compact 9MM like a Kahr, Springfield Armory or Glock

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top