JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome to the team!

I am heading out from here to your neck of the woods, Pensacola, this August. Hope to find a good range/gun club and get into 3 gun and other shoots. Any advice?

Welcome to NWFA. Glad you found the forum.

I grew up in Key West and Charleston, SC. My last duty station was Kings Bay and still have a lot of friends in Jacksonville/Amelia Island.

Thanks all for the big welcome. Great start. I'm in the Pensacola area Fireball and we do have some good ranges.
Escambia river gun club is a good range with 5 or 6 very large spaces that conduct several interests, IDPA, steel, cowboy action, military, black powder cartridge, and many others. Lots of training opportunities. Down the road 2 miles is the shooters range with sporting clays, 8 station and several ranges. In Baker is the Core range, a state of the art 1000 yard estate. Lots of competition in anything you could think of. We are blessed.

glad to be on this forum. Heard about things up here with the Benchmade Knives controversy.
I'm in Florida and in a good 2nd amendment position for a few years to come. Almost lost some big ground in our last governors election, but we did prevail. Looking forward to sharing.
Hard-rain
Greetings! I lived in Pensacola for 9 years and moved up to Washington state a yeAr ago. I used to shoot alot at the Santa Rosa shooting center. VeryVnice people. some things I did not like about FL were the lack of public land to shoot on and howuch more a PITA it was to get my FL chl versus my WA and OR permits. Very grateful for that change up here. Best of luck to yalla with gun laws it's coming if you don't fight it up here in the Northwest we just defeated a mag ban/assault ban and chl red tape. Be ever vigilant. Oh and if you love Mexican food I highly recommend El asador taqueria off Davis hey behind the shell station!

Thanks Wow,
I was under the impression that Washington and Oregon was going in the direction of the republic of California?
We did have a close call on the last governors election and the previous governor caved to the 21 year old and bump stock after the school shooting last year. I have high hopes for our current political administration but that can change next time. We need to stay vigilant.

Thanks Wow,
I was under the impression that Washington and Oregon was going in the direction of the republic of California?
We did have a close call on the last governors election and the previous governor caved to the 21 year old and bump stock after the school shooting last year. I have high hopes for our current political administration but that can change next time. We need to stay vigilant.
I think some people here don't realize how good they have it while the more vigilant ones do. In WA to get a chance to it's just $49 at your sheriff's office. No training requirement and the stare is shall issue with reciprocity with about I think 8 states. Washington has preemption too another thing we have to protect. I-1639 passed but FL has 21 and up now for any firearm or ammo sales so besides the ambitious training requirement for semi auto show it's about even. OR requires a training course for it's license which is about $65 at a sheriff's department. No reciprocity and they only issue shall issue to residents and may issue to bordering state residents with a letter of reason and 2 character references. Save some local restrictions in places like Portland you can open carry all through both Oregon and Washington. Yes Even in seattle I have an Instagram pal who open carries in Seattle with no issue. Lots more details but I'm happy I have the FL, WA, OR permits I basically have the closest to Nationwide carry. Do you go to Mike's outdoors at all? Decent local shop where you are at otherwise I'd just go to academy.

Wow I didn't think you would have open carry. We don't. Can you have suppressors and other NFA items?
I do go to Mikes and Scott's in Jay. Accadamy is good for items as well. Have shot at shooters and enjoy the shotgun sports. Also enjoy the IDPA and others at ERGC in cantonment.

Wow I didn't think you would have open carry. We don't. Can you have suppressors and other NFA items?
I do go to Mikes and Scott's in Jay. Accadamy is good for items as well. Have shot at shooters and enjoy the shotgun sports. Also enjoy the IDPA and others at ERGC in cantonment.

Greetings program!

NFA are fine in Oregon, most NFA are fine in WA.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top