JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't mind if I do. :D

So, the last five months has been hellacious here, but last week, I finally got out to do some hiking. I grew up on the dunes, so it was the natural pick for this short jaunt. Here are a handful of pics I took in case others might enjoy. Cheers. :)

dunes1.jpg

dunes2.jpg
dunes3.jpg

dunes4.jpg
dunes5.jpg
dunes6.jpg
dunes7.jpg

dunes9.jpg
dunes10.jpg
dunes11.jpg
dunes12.jpg
dunes13.jpg

dunes16.jpg

dunes18.jpg
dunes19.jpg
dunes20.jpg
dunes21.jpg

dunes24.jpg
dunes25.jpg dunes26.jpg

You're really tempting me to head over there instead of the D this weekend... Those stoneflies are singing my name tho.
Beautiful pictures!

It is pretty. Gramps used to take us kids fishin every summer at Siltcoos lake. We would stay at Honeyman state park and play on the dunes . Way to crowded for me these days.:(

It is pretty. Gramps used to take us kids fishin every summer at Siltcoos lake. We would stay at Honeyman state park and play on the dunes . Way to crowded for me these days.:(

I noticed that too. There weren't many people being that it is May, but there were still some folks around. I grew up on a little house within walking distance of this area and back then there was hardly anyone out there. An occasional hiker, hunter, angler, etc., of course, but not really any turistas that I recall. I think the lookout they built in the late 80s made it a little more accessible. Honeyman Park had a decent amount of traffic during the Summer months, but not much at other times. I too fished Siltcoos Lake a long time ago.

Where is this?

South of Florence, but north of Reedsport. Info for the general area here. Cheers.

Last Edited:
For anyone not from around there, if you get a chance the Hobbit Trail north of Flo-town is beautiful as well. Sutton lake too. Lots of great hiking and camping around there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top