JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

New member here from Northern California. Hoping to move to Northern Idaho (Couer d'Alene or Sandpoint) sometime in February.

Lived in Alaska Hawaii and Montana. Visited Idaho on a road trip from Billings to Sequim and was very impressed.

Looking forward to the move and to hanging out here!

Thanks,
LS

Hello,

New member here from Northern California. Hoping to move to Northern Idaho (Couer d'Alene or Sandpoint) sometime in February.

Lived in Alaska Hawaii and Montana. Visited Idaho on a road trip from Billings to Sequim and was very impressed.

Looking forward to the move and to hanging out here!

Thanks,
LS

Welcome to the forum. :buttrock:

I moved up to WA from CA July of this year. It was the single best decision I have made in my life. I love the PNW. Make sure you remove your plates when you reach Siskiyou Summit. Also, don't tell anybody you are from CA. Tell them you are from Texas, or... Alaska would be good !

Just kidding, one thing that struck me about the PNW when I first moved here is how nice and welcoming people are.

I had been here a very short amount of time and headed up to Mt St Helens with my wife and four year old. It was getting a bit late and I needed to find a restroom for my daughter to use. I had been up to the Forrest Learning Center before and knew they had a rest room. When I got there, the lot was empty and the building closed. A man drove by and flipped a u-turn, then pulled into the lot. Being a CA transplant I thought great, been here a month and already resorting to fisticuffs.

The man asks if we need any help, I told him we stopped to use the bathroom and its closed. He said " I work here and will open it for you " , which he did. We talked for a while, he locked up and we left. That's when it hit me, this aint California...

Safe Journeys and good luck on your trip. I plan on exploring Idaho this summer.

Hi Leadslinger. Ca transplant myself. What part of Norther Ca ya from? I have lots of great memories from Willits area and McCcloud. My wife and I lived in Kellogg Id for 12 years. Wonderful place to live. Not much work. Welcome to the site!

Duane, that has been my experience in Alaska and Montana as well. Glad to hear of another successful transplant from CA.

KNarley, I'm from the armpit of the bay area (literally!) as I am in Berkeley. Well, close enough to smell the cannibus, BO, and patchouli anyway.

Have fond memories of Willits. Rode the skunk train with my Grandpa when I was younger. Amazing scenery, I can see those redwoods as if it were yesterday. Not too familiar with McCloud. My preferred stomping grounds has been Feather Falls up near Oroville.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top