JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, my usual supply houses are all sold out of .40S&W, I only have 500 rds in stock, and I have some non-official USPSA match play and trainings coming up...
I practice with stuff off PSA or Freedom Munitions in 180-grain, RNFP, new or reman'ed. Normally, I would spend about 19-21 cents/rd pre-COVID, but will go as high as 30 cents/rd now just to have something with which to practice/train.

Can someone give me yays or nays on the following retailers and/or manufacturers that I found on Ammoseek, which still looks to have good pricing (for the current times) and availability:

Viper Munitions
TNT Munitions

Last Edited:
I don't know about your named specific brands for "training or club matches."

I think of it as: What's the PRIZE? Is it worth it spending the money?

Oh well....
ME....I just re-load my own.

So I leave it to you decide if it's "worth it".

Aloha, Mark

I think of it as: What's the PRIZE? Is it worth it spending the money?
My question exactly... hence, why I posed it... since I am not familiar with these brands.

Can someone give me yays or nays on the following retailers and/or manufacturers that I found on Ammoseek

I cant help with those brands,
but I have recently ordered hunting ammo from SGAmmo.com and Grafs & sons. SG was super fast shipping, had my order within a week. Grafs was super slow shipping and I thought it odd they didnt charge my card until they shipped it, which took weeks. I was getting close to contacting them when I got an email with a tracking number.

Years ago during the last Obama ammo crunch I ordered ammo from both LAX ammo and Freedom Munitions. Both had great service. Some I ordered were reloads that had fractured cases and hard primers... I cannot recall which one but no longer use reloads.
as of yesterday, I have given up finding ammo off the shelf. I will probably look at buying again direct from either LAX or Freedom. Factory new.

LAX has 40 sw in stock... factory new.

I don't know about the brands you listed, but I can say that Magtech and Herters have worked well for me for "budget ammo".

If it were me.....and I didn't reload my own. I'd go with whatever brand will get me through the match at the cheapest price. Ammo is ammo.....it's about the "training". Maybe?

So then (I imagine).....
Most commercial reloaded ammo.....
Is loaded to a level that the company feels is satisfactory or GTG or Good Enough. And, they still need to make a profit Rrrright.....

ME....
I say. Why worry about the little things?

SO THEN.....
If one brand doesn't work out for you. Sorry. Try another.

Perhaps, this thread will prove that.

Opinions are like @ZZ_____. Everyone has one.

Or maybe it's time to start reloading?;)

Aloha, Mark

I cant help with those brands,
but I have recently ordered hunting ammo from SGAmmo.com and Grafs & sons. SG was super fast shipping, had my order within a week. Grafs was super slow shipping and I thought it odd they didnt charge my card until they shipped it, which took weeks. I was getting close to contacting them when I got an email with a tracking number.

Years ago during the last Obama ammo crunch I ordered ammo from both LAX ammo and Freedom Munitions. Both had great service. Some I ordered were reloads that had fractured cases and hard primers... I cannot recall which one but no longer use reloads.
as of yesterday, I have given up finding ammo off the shelf. I will probably look at buying again direct from either LAX or Freedom. Factory new.

LAX has 40 sw in stock... factory new.
Thanks, Koda. I usually get my training ammo from Freedom Munitions, and I typically train with the reman'ed stuff, but they are totally sold out of everything in .40 right now. I've never suffered the "bad ammo" that some complain about with FM. Everything I have bought from them, to the tune of tens of thousands of rounds of both pistol and rifle ammo, has functioned flawlessly. I was just depressed that they were totally and completely out of .40, and I would like some more... :oops:

Thanks, Koda. I usually get my training ammo from Freedom Munitions, and I typically train with the reman'ed stuff, but they are totally sold out of everything in .40 right now. I've never suffered the "bad ammo" that some complain about with FM. Everything I have bought from them, to the tune of tens of thousands of rounds of both pistol and rifle ammo, has functioned flawlessly. I was just depressed that they were totally and completely out of .40, and I would like some more... :oops:
LAXammo has both factory and commercial new 40SW. Plenty...

Look at the headstamp , some ammo is just repackaged with what ever name on it.
Ive heard of both brands but have zero experience with them.
I like S&B. . for plinking . Can not remember ever having any failures including in my picky firearms

Ammo is ammo.....it's about the "training". Maybe?

These are from the last time I bought commercial reloads....

bad reloads.jpg

You might try Natchez Shooters Supplies, they were having a sale on PPU ammo. Trusted brand and good prices. Lasst time that I was there, much of the PPU ammo was sold out, I stocked up on .308, 7.62x51 NATO M80, 7.62x39, .270 Win, and.44 mag, but you might look. I like Natchez.:s0164:

LAXammo has both factory and commercial new 40SW. Plenty...
Thanks, @Koda, just placed an order for 1,000 rds of PMC Bronze in 180-gr RNFP for $0.29/round. Total price after tax and S&H is $336.
Much obliged...

Thanks, @Koda, just placed an order for 1,000 rds of PMC Bronze in 180-gr RNFP for $0.29/round. Total price after tax and S&H is $336.
Much obliged...
Nice, I also just pulled the trigger on 500rds of 45acp LAX new.

I was actually going to reply back to you here after looking again most of the 40SW is sold out, the PMC bronze was one of the only deals left, but a good price I think.

I was actually going to reply back to you here after looking again most of the 40SW is sold out, the PMC bronze was one of the only deals left, but a good price I think.
Yup, the little "availability" thingy on the page said there were 11k rounds left in stock when I was shopping, so I jumped on it while it was still available.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top