JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to put together a list of current use military small arms, shotguns, handguns, and rifles. I've got a few, but need help. I want to focus my buying on the closest thing I can get to them. I just bought a Beretta M9 to start it off. I'd like "M" designations and the civilian equivilant. Here is my list so far -

Handguns -
•Beretta M9
•Sig M11 (P228)

Shotguns -
•Benelli M1014 (M4 Super 90)

Rifles -
•Colt M4 (AR-15)
•Remington M40 (700)

Redneck I know the mossberg 500 is being used over seas alot along with a short 870 that goes under the M4. The M14 is still very much alive a a SDM rifle. If your wanting sniper rifles also the knights SR25 is being fielded no also

Are you only concerend with pistols, rifles and shotguns or are you counting machine guns as well? Also, do you want just current, active duty stuff or everything in current use by all branches of the US Armed forces?

Many things that are "outdatted" are still in current use. For example, although the FN Herstal M240B (7.62 NATO) Machine gun replaced the Saco Defense M60; however, the M60 is still in current use by many National Guard and Reserve units. Also, I've included the sniper rifles for rifles...didn't know if you wanted a special category for that.

Rifles-
FN Herstal M16A3 (US Army National Guard)
FN M16A4 (USMC)
Remington XM2010 (US Army)
Rock Island Arsenal M21 (US Army, currently being replaced by the XM2010
H&K M27 (USMC)
Remington M40 (USMC)

Shotgun-
Mossberg 500MILLS

Well I'm currently in the Marine Corps and my buddy just said that they're about to start issuing the MK17 SCAR for the M16A4. And also the M9 sucks and supposedly is about to be replaced by some pistol (TBD) in .45 cal. Also we are issued the Benelli M4, however I just bought a Mossberg 930 SPX and in my opinion is the same level of shotgun for half the price.

Well I'm currently in the Marine Corps and my buddy just said that they're about to start issuing the MK17 SCAR for the M16A4.
That is just a rumor. The HK IAR (M27) is replacing the SAW (M249). No information is out about any replacement for the FN M16A4.
And also the M9 sucks and supposedly is about to be replaced by some pistol (TBD) in .45 cal.
You are correct, sir. The US Army is in the process of testing out new pistols to replace the Beretta M9.
Pistols with a shot at replacing the Beretta M9 - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

But who knows, they'll probably just run companies through the ringer like they did for the rifles, then just renew their contract with Beretta at 1.5 the price like they did with Colt.

One of my favorites and something you can build: MK12 Mod1 Special Purpose Rifle (SPR), a medium range sniper rifle fielded by Navy SEAL's and Army Special Forces.
The Elcan 3.4 optical sight shown here is just a "temp" and is not typical, usually MK12's are equipped with a mid power variable scope from either Leopold or Nightforce.

P7080011.jpg

Thanks everybody. To make it clear, I am only interested in current, in use, U.S. guns. Also, just Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns, things I can easily replicate. I like that MK12. I have a M9 marked Beretta already, and want to get a Sig 228 and other handguns like the HKs they use.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top