Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BrotherGlacius, Apr 1, 2015.

1. BrotherGlacius

BrotherGlacius Portland Member

Hello everyone,

I happened upon this forum looking for C&R info. I am new to the hobby. A friend took me out to a range this past weekend, and I've been bitten by the shooting bug.

I'm looking to learn about target shooting, and ease my way into the world of guns. My tentative plan is to start with a fairly basic modern bolt action rifle to learn the in's and out's. Once I feel comfortable, my main interest will then shift into collecting C&R rifles. I love the history of World War II, and would simply love to own various rifles used during that time period.

I grew up in the South, and have a fairly strong background of gun safety. I was around guns a lot, but never owned one myself.

Would by glad to receive any and all advice. My purpose for joining this forum is to help with my learning and maybe make some connections with those with like interests.

gryghin, Sgt Nambu and Joe13 like this.
  2. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Welcome!

Best way to start is to get you a gun and go shoot it;).

Pretty nice Mosin just got listed with ammo and all, if your into the older stuff

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  3. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a good plan in place. You will find a lot of good info here. Gary

4. BrotherGlacius

BrotherGlacius Portland Member

I am...and it is very tempting. I can already tell that the classified section is going to be my home away from home. :) Now I just gotta find an ad for a good starting rifle.

5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Welcome to the site! Enjoy!

6. No_Regerts

No_Regerts United States Well-Known Member

Welcome to the shooting sports. If you have any questions regarding any WWII stuff, shoot me a PM. I own a bunch of milsurp stuff.

7. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Welcome Aboard! Enjoy. Lots of good info here.

Brutus out

8. AngryRedTicTac

AngryRedTicTac Vancouver, WA Active Member

Hey Bro G., it's Bloatedtoad from Ordo. Just spotted your name on the Buying From a Member post. Welcome to NWFA!

I gotta agree with Joe, a Mosin is a fantastic starter. Still crazy cheap to shoot, and pretty darn cheap to pick it up a nice example. Accuracy is, well, sometimes questionable, but it will certainly teach you how to adapt.

9. shotsfired

shotsfired Ridgefield Active Member

Welcome to the forums.

10. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Welcome aboard!

11. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome Aboard:s0008: