JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,
My name is jason and I am in the Wilsonville area. I am a 37 year old man with a great wife, 3 kids, 11, 3, 8 months, all girls! I am originally from the Great State of North Carolina. I t worked in the Charlotte Meck police department until an idiot mayor came in and did a slash on budget and manpower, so I was layed off due to the union and then went into the US Navy. I served in the Navy for 8 years until I got out in 2007. I then went to work for Blackwater USA and contracted for 1 year. While in Virginia/NC, I met a great woman from Wilsonville Oregon that was working for a non profit. We then decide to move here to Oregon in May of 2008. I have been a shooter since i was 6 years old. My first gun was a New England Firearms single shot 12 gauge. I then lost that gun to a thief that broke into my home when I was 9. My father replaced that shot gun with a model 12 Winchester. My first hand gun was a SW 38 revolver. Neither I still own unfortunatly. In the past 20 years I have rotated guns of various nature. Some I regret getting rid of, some I am so glad I did. I once had one of the first 5 HS2000 9MM. For all the people who don't know, that was the first XD hand guns, until Springfield bought the design and company. I stupidly sold that one, so that is one of my regrets. I got out of shoting for a little while and lived with a single Beretta 92. In 2010, I decided to get back into shooting and I obtained my membership to TCGC. I did the action range cert so I could teach myself how to tactically shot again like I did in the military. I now have increased my gun safe with 3 pistols, an M-4 5.56, an M-4 .22LR for plinking, a 590 Mossberg and a 535 Mossberg for skeet/trap. I don't have many shooting friends or friends out here at all so if you want to expand your buddy list, hit me up.

I work in Wilsonville. We share the same name too. Anytime you want to go out for a shoot, let me know.

Jason, Welcome to Oregon! I hail from the Carolinas as well - South Carolina to be specific. I punched out of the Navy in '95 and have been here in Oregon since. We live in Beaverton, but it's always good to meet people from back home.

At my last duty station, my collateral duty was Base Security Auxiliary, and I was didn't do much with firearms until my kids were older and I started teaching them. They've learned Martial Arts weapons - blunt and edge, as well as bow and firearms now.

You've found a great forum community. Glad you're here. PM me your contact info, we generally go out pass Timber to shoot.

Hello. I too live in Wilsonville and belong to tri county gun club. I shoot shotgun , handguns, and rifles. maybe we can get together and shoot sometime. welcome to the forums.:)

Hey pm me your info and that could happen, thinking I am going to shoot birds this afternoon actually. What part of wilsonille are you in

Welcome. I used to drive out to Timber for shooting but got a membership at TCGC and saved money in gas alone. Looks like theres lots of members from Wilsonville. I cant wait for the spring so I can get my action certs for the bays and black rifle at the old 22lr range.

Welcome. I used to drive out to Timber for shooting but got a membership at TCGC and saved money in gas alone. Looks like theres lots of members from Wilsonville. I cant wait for the spring so I can get my action certs for the bays and black rifle at the old 22lr range.

They have action range certs all the time, I took mine in January a couple years ago. I don't think you need a cert for black powder range, just bring your gun. The BP range is now the 22 outdoor range also.
BLACK POWDER, SILHOUETTE AND RIMFIRE RANGE
This is a multi-purpose range accommodating black powder shooting, NRA type centerfire and rimfire silhouette match shooting and practice, and rimfire and air rifle shooting only.
All shooting must be done from the firing line.
Guns allowed on this range are limited to:
1. Muzzle loading pistols and rifles including percussion and flint ignition.
2. Black powder handguns including black powder cartridge or percussion and flint ignition handguns using black powder or black powder substitutes ONLY.\
3. Centerfire rifles limited to the following types of ammunition:
a. Pistol caliber rifle ammunition such .44-40, .357 and .44 Remington Magnum etc. (No cartridge more powerful than .44 Remington Magnum) using full metal jacketed round nose, soft nose or hollow-point bullets, lead or plated lead bullets.
b. Bottle-necked rimmed cartridges with muzzle velocity below 2500 fps, with cast or soft point bullets: .30-30, .32sp, .348 Winc., .38-55, .45-70, etc.
c. Bottle-necked rimmed cartridges with muzzle velocity above 2500 fps, with cast lead bullets ONLY: .30-40 Krag, .303 British, 7.62 Russian, etc.
d. Bottle-necked rimless cartridges with cast or soft point bullets: .35 Remington only.
e. Bottle-necked rimless cartridges with cast lead bullets ONLY: .250 Savage, .300 Savage, .308, .270, .30-06, .358 Winchester, etc. No belted or other magnum cartridges allowed.
4. All .22 and .17 rimfire rifles.
5. Air rifles.
NO OTHER HANDGUNS OR AMMUNITION ARE ALLOWED ON THIS RANGE.
A. BLACK POWDER SHOOTING
1. Do not load guns at the firing point, only at the loading line.
2. Cap or prime only on the firing point. Containers of priming powder (cans, horns, etc) must be closed and placed in a pouch or pocket before firing.
3. Powder cans must be closed on the loading line, firing point or in any buildings.
4. Guns shall be carried muzzle up between the loading benches and the firing point.
5. Flintlocks must have shields on the side of the gun where the lock is located. Shooters must supply their own shields.
6. Wipe the bore of muzzle loaders between each shot. This should be done at the loading tables.
7. Shooters shall not blow down the muzzle of a gun.
8. Extreme caution shall be used when clearing black powder guns that will not fire.
Page 19
9. No smoking is allowed under the covered shooting area, the loading area or within 10 feet of any black powder container.
10. Handguns must NOT be used to shoot steel silhouettes.
11. Paper targets on approved target frames may be placed at all distances beyond 25 yards.
12. Discard cleaning patches and targets in the containers provided.
13. Do not shoot at the animal shaped metal targets with handguns.
B. METAL SILHOUETTE OR PAPER TARGET SHOOTING
1. Shooting silhouette is not allowed with handguns.
2. Shooters may fire at the larger/thicker rifle caliber animal targets with any rifle action following the ammunition limitations listed above.
3. Shooters may fire at the smaller/thinner (pistol caliber) animal targets only with rifles using rimfire or pistol caliber ammunition with cast lead, plated lead, or jacketed round nose, hollow point or softnose bullets ONLY.
4. Paper targets on supplied target frames may be placed at all distances beyond 25 yards.
5. Club supplied metal animal shaped and geometric shaped silhouette targets must be on supplied holders at set distances. Steel silhouettes must not be moved to other distances.
6. Allowed cartridges may be shot at all distances greater than 25 yards.
7. Minimum range for steel silhouettes is 40 meters.
8. Only club supplied steel targets may be shot on this range except for small metal spinners set up under the metal backstops provided.
C. RIMFIRE RIFLE AND AIR GUN SHOOTING
1. Paper targets on approved target frames may be placed at all distances beyond 15 yards for air rifles and 25 yards for rimfire rifles.
2. Small metal spinners must be set up under the metal backstop (see photo on the range wall).
3. Targets may be engaged out to 200 meters.

Yup I know that, been going to TCGC for 3-4 years. Black rifle as in rifle caliber pdw. Its where the old 22lr range was you have to have a special certification to use that. You can only use pistol calibers in the actions bays. Ive been going to college for many years and am now looking for a job. So spring will be a nice time to get into it. Because I will have a job and nicer weather.

Btw TacicalGuner, do you ever shoot at the skeet ranges?

What qual do you need? just for silo's right? I shoot 22 and the new range rules don't show anything about a cert or qual. I shot in the Action Range pretty much all the time. I do shoot skeet, more now than i use too. I just put 220 birds on my key last week. I have go to get back into the swing of it, not knocking them down like i use too.

oh yeah, now i know what your talking about. you have to have your action range cert, and then do PR or tactical 3 gun to get qualed, I think randy wants 4 completed comps and a review with him

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top