JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A little background;
My parents were very anti-gun from when I was a kid up until recently, despite my grandparents being very pro-gun and having grown up in rural areas. Through repetition, this became my mindset as well until I discovered the internet and read through many editorials, debates, and figures regarding guns. I have since moved out and become vocal about the second amendment, and I am proud to say I stood in front of the capital to protest any new knee-jerk gun legislation.

I consider myself knowledgeable and well-spoken (at least in writing...) and am open to friendly discussion.

I came to this forum to keep up with attempts to infringe upon our rights, look for recommendations on stores and shooting spots, and have a good time talking with people I can relate to.

It was rocky at first, I had an argument with my dad in which his viewpoint boiled down to "Every gun owner commits mass murder, it's just a matter of time. Guns inherently make people evil."

That was about the time of Sandy Hook; since then, he has gone to gun stores and shows with me, discovered that several of his longtime friends own guns, and had his perception of law enforcement as omnipresent superheroes changed by a local police officer. Now, though they are not totally comfortable with the idea, they have both expressed interest in learning to operate and fire the AR-15 I will be picking up later this week.

That's great news! Really, it all comes down to education. Most gun haters know nothing about them and haven't been around them.
Seems that isn't true of your father though. Glad hear he is open to changing his views.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top