JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm Frank. I'm a computer tech and a firearms instructor/coach. The former, about 30 years, the latter, about four. Guess which one pays the rent? :)

Ex-Army, mostly Germany, 1983-1991. I'm 55 now, that was a lifetime ago.
k2nccinuniform.jpg

NRA life member, plus a few others gun advocate/sporting groups.

My wife, Sandi, runs a costume shop.
w4ravxylrenfaire004.jpg

Which means I often get coaxed into weird honey-do chores. Ho, ho, ugh. I think I pulled it off tho'.
frankclaussandidwilechristmas.jpg

But sometimes there's benefits.
comiccon2012_029_web.jpg

Our "kids" Molly and Emma. About as much as I can handle. Great lap dogs. Not so much for range buddies tho'.
mollyemmaravenswoodFEB2017a.JPG

I'm into all guns, but air-rifles are my passion. Just something simple and peaceful about it. It's a lot harder than it looks.
Besides the other typical NRA basic certs, I'm NRA certified Small-bore/Air-rifle Coach lvl2 (National). Also not particularly easy.
frankatOregonStateOSUriflerangeair2017a.jpg

But I certainly have nothing against powder-burners. Here's one of at least a dozen of recent years...
AR15_300blackout_ravcon2017b.JPG
(Never can have too much ammo.)
franksammonov2016a.JPG

Nothing wrong with a little mix-n-match. :)
p266inthreestyles.jpg

The "one gun I wish I hadn't sold."
rugermarkivmk4_2019.jpg

Most of my EDC:
franksBU9nano2019a.jpg

Other hobbies include martial-arts;
frankswallcrap001.jpg

Amateur "ham" radio (CQ de K2NCC). Also have a commercial and experimental license.
k2nccflex6700a.JPG

Some might say I'm a bit of a Trekkie.
datafrankriker.jpg

And to finish it off, I recently discovered I like taking a rattle-can to gun stocks. :)
(Too bad there's no NRA cert for custom craftsmanship!)
camogamosilentcat003b.jpg

Well, let's call that enough, eh? If you stuck around this long, well, bless you for caring. 100+ Karma points for you. :cool:

Later all!

Frank

snailsopencarrytoon.jpg

Last Edited:
Welcome from East Anglia, England.
So tell me, what do you do in your spare time?

Greetings England!

Spare time? I sense sarcasm. I can't tell w/y'all. ;)

But when conditions aren't great for other things, there's always darts!

Had my best 501 checkout ever just a couple days ago. :)

franksfirstbigcheckout134.jpg

Nope, when I'm being sarcastic, I'm usually wearing my T-shirt with the words 'Os na allwch ddarllen hwn, nid ydych yn Brydeinig' on it.

Me, I got exhausted just reading the list of stuff you get up to. I guess that the days over in 'merca gots more hours, eh? :D

Me, I got exhausted just reading the list of stuff you get up to. I guess that the days over in 'merca gots more hours, eh? :D

Oh, I take it a few bites at a time. But it's rarely a day gone by I haven't done something on that list. Gotta keep the mind exercised.

Personally, I've found the pandemic et al to have little impact on me. Mostly 'cause I was a man-cave hermit anyway. Wife's gone most of the day, most days, and I do about 90% of my work from home. Now I have an excuse to stay in. :)

I hear England is the place to be for airguns. Like, a club or two in every town kinda popularity.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Haven't transplanted here in 1995, I've found that Oregon has so much to do outdoors.
Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Oh, I take it a few bites at a time. But it's rarely a day gone by I haven't done something on that list. Gotta keep the mind exercised.

Personally, I've found the pandemic et al to have little impact on me. Mostly 'cause I was a man-cave hermit anyway. Wife's gone most of the day, most days, and I do about 90% of my work from home. Now I have an excuse to stay in. :)

I hear England is the place to be for airguns. Like, a club or two in every town kinda popularity.

Yup, it's true. In the Midlands and the north they have a pub shooting sport called bell-ringing, where you have to, uh, ring a bell. Sounds easy until you find out that the bell is hidden behind a steel plate with a 0.2" hole in front of it to allow the pellet to pass through.....at either 6 or 10 yards.

I shoot air pistol at our club, or in my backyard - being ambidextrous is very useful, especially to folks with some kind of handicap, so I also volunteer to teach people to shoot as part of the British Disabled shooting Association. I'm also an NRA club coach for regular firearms and BP, which is very popular here in UK since the death of most people's real cartridge-firing handguns that LOOK like real cartridge-firing handguns. Northern Ireland, also part of the UK, has no such prohibition, and legal gun-owners there can have regular-style handguns, just like you can. I used to be Crown Expert Witness for the Prosecution Service, and with a lifetime of guns behind me - I started shooting at age 6, and now I'm 74.75 - there is little that I haven't come across before, helped by 33 years in the Army.

I suspect that although our lives have been a lot different, you are going to have had a lot of experiences that I share, just as you'll find that with the many folks on here.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Thank you for the welcome and info. I do bring a large bag or two and carry away garbage from places I shoot. Probably not a bad idea to get together with others to do so. Thanks again @gryghin

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top